Harvia sauna remote control

Curious if anyone has tried to integrate the features of the MyHarvia app. It is a hardware and app combination enabling remote monitoring and control of sauna heaters and related equipment.

I’d like to configure a hardware button to remotely (over the internet) start the sauna.

Product information pages:

iOS app: ‎MyHarvia on the App Store
Android app: Sorry, new forum users can only post two links in one post…

2 Likes

Same desire here. Googling the net, I found this (have not tried it):

"In the sauna there’s Black Harvia Cilindro PC70 sauna heater with Harvia Xenio WiFi control panel. Panel is controllable with My Harvia app, but unfortunately it doesn’t have open interface and cannot be integrated on the Home Assistant at the moment.

To fix the Sauna heater issue, I decided to add Harvia Shelly remote start/stop system along with the existing WiFi control panel. It’s a normal Shelly 1S device with a custom firmware in it. Not packed up with the features I can see in the WiFi panel but does the thing! Now I can see Sauna status and start heating from the Home Assistant as well. There are some safety features built in the heater, but I’ll get back on those when writing full review of the heater."

Thanks for linkin into my blog :slight_smile:

I’ve asked directly from Harvia about six months ago if the WiFi panel can be integrated to 3rd party systems and the short answer was no.
I’ve also tried to decode the Android APK package to see if anything could be used, but no luck, since the Harvia cloud uses AWS Cognito for authentication.

1 Like

I’ve also sent a message to Harvia, but no response yet. Not very optimistic …

That’s sad. Harvia seems to make good products but the lack of openness on the MyHarvia is pushing me to other brands/solutions.
I don’t want to be in a situation 5-10 years from now that I cannot control my sauna remotely any longer because it was decided to stop the cloud service (or to make it paid).

1 Like

@mellbratt @peert

Hi guys, I’ve got good news. I’ve succeeded in making a start with the MyHarvia integration. You can find it at GitHub - RubenHarms/ha-harvia-xenio-wifi: Home Assistant component for Harva Sauna (working with Xenio Wifi) (HACS custom repository).

At the moment, you can only set the target temperature, use the light switches, and enable/disable the heater. But I work on it on a daily basis, before and after work, so I expect many improvements soon. I suggest that you follow the updates.

If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask.

1 Like

Hey @RubenHarms, that’s great news. Thanks for your work! However, I get an error when I want to include the repository GitHub - RubenHarms/ha-harvia-xenio-wifi: Home Assistant component for Harva Sauna (working with Xenio Wifi). What am I doing wrong?

I first added the integration manually as a custom component and it works very well! Thank you!

Hi @Andre_HH! This problem should be resolved now. Can you confirm that?

Hello @RubenHarms, unfortunately no. The error keeps coming.

@Andre_HH, Can you change the URL in /ha-harvia-xenio-wifi/ instead of /ha-harvia-xenio-wifi.git

https://github.com/RubenHarms/ha-harvia-xenio-wifi/

This link works. Thanks!

Awesome! Let me know if you have any problems or are missing important features.

1 Like

Thank you very much @RubenHarms, I will let you know if there are any problems. So far everything is working very well. The only functionality I’m missing is fan support, but you already have that on the road map.

Thank you. I don’t have a fan. It doesn’t seem like a difficult feature to implement, I think. Can you give me some information about the fan? Is it just an on/off switch or is there a speed adjustment?

It’s just an on/off switch. Just like the light switch.

I released an update. Can you update the component and test the feature?. Does the fan switch works? And does it updates when you change it in the MyHarvia App?

Oh, that was quick :slight_smile: The new version is not yet displayed in HACS…

Sorry, now I see version 0.0.13. I’ll test it and report back. Thanks!

@RubenHarms I tested version 0.0.13 and it works great. Light switch, oven switch, fan switch and door sensor work very well. The statuses of all entities are synchronous in Harvia App and Home Assistant. Thank you for your work!

You’re welcome! Now i’m looking for someone who has a steamer :slight_smile:

Unfortunately I can’t help with that. I don’t have a steamer.