Has anyone looked into coding an Integration with Dante Audio?

Has anyone looked into coding an Integration with Dante? It sounds like something that would be great with home assistant as you would be able to mix and match audio as needed. It appears to be prettty simple by loading xml files. Someone here, actually got it working without using the Dante controller, so that may be even easier.

Thank you

1 Like

You should take a look at AES67.
Dante is a product from Audinate.
AES67 is a free standard protocol.

Yes it could be nice to have the ability to handle AES67 into HA

Although I’m not integrating Dante into HA, I am using the Dante AVIO digital to analog converter to feed my whole house audio amplifier so I can at least use my laptop as an audio source without relying on a Spotify connection to a cloud device or some other proprietary device that requires the cloud.

That coupled with HA being able to control the zones on the amp gives me a pretty cool Dante solution.

What I’d really like is to be able to have HA play audio files via a digital protocol and not rely on the on-board audio engine on the host.

2 Likes

that would be sweet

Hey Jon

have you the AVIO set up as a media player?

There’s no integration for it. The only thing I’ve been able to do is use it as an output device on my network which connects directly to the input of my 6-zone amp. Ultimately, the only device(s) that can utilize it (one at a time) are devices on which the Dante Virtual Sound Card can be installed.

If there was an integration for Home Assistant whereby the DVSC could be installed on the HA device, then there could be a media player for it, I presume, which would be awesome. The reason I have it is because I want to be able to send audio from my desktop(s) to my amp through the network.

1 Like

Really would be good. I’m trying to do a new build with multi room audio. Dante would be what i have used comercially. low cost in’s and outs. I’m not seeing anything else that take audio sources from anywhere and patche them to anywhere. I’m lothed to build in an audio matrix in this day and age.
The work on ghurty dave link looks to be getting somewhere, but well above my pay grade to turn that info into an intergation.
Cast is great but how do you intergrate HDMI from a TV ?