Has anyone managed to integrate amazon music into home assistant

has anyone managed to integrate amazon music into home assistant? If you use spotify, you can quite easily get your playlists and media players integrated and can thus control them directly from ha, is it possible to get a card with amazon music playlists that you can then choose which speaker it should play on? //Sincerely

I don’t think so, but you can use amazon media player and Assistant Relay…

what is Assistant Relay and how do i use it with HA and Amazon music?

Regards

If you want to play music on Google Assistant devices, you can run a Google Assistant server, and use Assistant Relay to relay commands from HA. Once it’s installed, and you’ve added Amazon Music to Google Assistant, you could do “Play name of song on My Device”.

1 Like

the thing is, i have alexa in every room and using alexa input to the speakers in every room, i do not have a problem starting music using voice commands, the problem is that i can’t pic a certain playlist from alexa app and play on a speaker or grupe since it only shows last played song and maybe a playlist that i dont want, and using amazon music app it only shows chromecast devices not my alexa devices.(getting error that amazon music store is not available in my region) so then i figured i could use HA since i have my alexa devices showing as media players in HA and i can have my playlist from spotify showing in a card and start and play my music from ha app on my tablets on the wall. so im looking for a simerly plugin for amazon music. the reason way i like to replace spotify with amazon music is that amazon allow me to use 1 account and play different music at the same time in on different devices. //Regards

You can check out

You could try to make a python script to integrate this.
And you can also edit this post to change the category to Feature Requests.
2 Likes

I would really love to see this integration in HA…

3 Likes

Anyone smarter than me willing to take a try at this?

3 Likes

Bumping to get help.

How far have you got?

I don’t think anyone has gotten anywhere.

You said you wanted help. I assume you have tried something.

1 Like

Any update on this yet? I’m also interested in integrating Amazon Music with HA if possible.

1 Like

Add me to the list of hopefulls.

2 Likes

Now that Amazon music is free for prime users hopefully this gets some eyes on it

2 Likes

I second this, now Amazon music is free maybe someone smart can come up with something!

1 Like

Yes the main idea is

Voice Command in Google device : play hey Jude on living room
Voice Command send toHA
HA transform to Amazon Music request and send black the song to Google speakers on the living room

I created a script to type in the playlist and use the media player to direct Alexa. This way you avoid having to speak and Alexa misunderstand you. I used helpers to pick speakers and music service.

5 Likes

Looks great do you have the code or instructions on how

2 Likes

So it is not “HA plays Amazon Music” but “HA tells Alexa to play Amazon Music”, correct? Meaning it works but requires an Alexa player?