Has anyone tried Amcrest IP8M-2496EB?

I’m trying to find a POE camera that works well with HA. I only need one and I don’t really want to setup a NVR for it, so the Amcrest seems pretty nice. The 4ks are not on the supported list, but I can’t find anyone who’s tried it to see if it works. I’m hoping someone can confirm either way so I don’t have to buy it and return it.

1 Like

I have one of these, but I don’t typically use the Amcrest component as I have it connected to an NVR that I pull my streams from. That said, after a quick check I can confirm that I can view the stream using the Amcrest component just fine. The image is larger than my monitor and I have to scroll which is a little annoying, but I think you can modify the resolution in the component config. Since this was just a quick test I couldn’t speak to reliability, etc. - only that I can indeed view the stream.

I don’t have one of these, so I can’t say for sure, but I have a couple other Amcrest models, and I’ve been doing quite a bit of work on the amcrest component lately: Four PRs approved which made the 0.90 & 0.91 releases, another two that have been approved which will hopefully make the 0.92 release, and another which is waiting for review. I also have a list of other improvements I want to make. So bottom line, if you get one and try it and run into any problems, let me know and I might be able to do something about it.

1 Like

Cool, thanks. I’ll grab one and let you know. Thanks for you efforts pnbruckner!

1 Like

I grabbed one of these and it works fine with the amcrest component. Thanks for the hard work on this component and the feedback!

1 Like