Has anyone tried the Sengled LED bulb with the HUSBZB-1?

I had this issue with all of my Zigbee devices a while back and they are all back to normal now. I’m not sure what update it was, but it seems like everything was back to normal after an update.

Usually bulbs are not repeaters since they can be turned off from mains.

I have 4 of the bulbs and they show weird wattages that never change. 0, 16 24 and 24. Not that I need them.

It looks like many of these issues are with bellows, the zigbee implementation on HA. I downgraded to 0.67.1 and my devices are working fine again. 0.68 is when bellows was upgraded to .52.

I just received the Sengled starter kit (won’t use hub) and I am unable to pair the bulbs with my HUSBZB-1. I know the stick is healthy as I have a Tradfri bulb working fine.
Running the ZHA.permit service and turning the bulb on/off multiple times does not seem to help. I even put the bulb and RPI w/stick within a foot of each other but no luck. Any suggestions?

Thanks

I have paired 26 of these bulbs without an issue.

You may want to try resetting the bulbs before attempting to pair them.

I did this by putting them in a lamp, connecting the lamp to a power strip, and then quickly flicking the power strip from off to on to off 10 times. After that the bulb flashed a few times and then stayed lit.

Then I turned off the lamp, ran the ZHA.permit service, waited about 5 seconds, and then turned on the lamp.
I did this 4 times and all 4 bulbs paired the first time. I did not have to restart the HA service after the pairing.

In my case the lamp and stick were about 10 feet apart.

Thanks for the responses - I did finally get them paired. I reset them first and even this took a few tries as I was not able to toggle the lamp switch as fast as needed, I guess.Then I put the lamp on a power strip as suggested and was able to reset and pair with very rapid toggling.

Mine have been working well, especially with the new ZHA interface. I did have one start acting erratically, not taking commands etc. but exclusion and inclusion fixed.

I cant get my sengled and HUSBZB-1 to pair - do you need to use the hub…

i have it pointed to ttyUSB1 and yet nothing is detected…any help would be appreciated

I believe my zwave port is /dev/ttyUSB0 I think /dev/ttyUSB1 is Zigbee.

I’m not sure what your issue is, but if you are using an rPi3B and the HUSBZB-1, your configuration.yaml should have this entry:

zha:    # Enable Zigbee
  usb_path: /dev/ttyUSB1
  database_path: /config/zigbee.db

zwave:  # Enable zwave
  usb_path: /dev/ttyUSB0

The HUSBZB-1 dongle and Sengled Element light bulbs pair in Home Assistant with those settings.

I have the very same. Using Ubuntu 18 on a vm. Maybe I’m missing it on the pairing process: I get the bulb in paring mode (blinking) then go to configure -> zha-> add device. Then nothing happens. Do I need anything else in the config? The bulb and dongle are 2 ft apart.

Actually it is recommended now to configure zwave through the UI.
ZHA can now also be configured there.

If it is like Z-Wave, you need to start the controller pairing first. I usually wait a few seconds before trying the device.

what am i missing here… nothing is pairing does the senglid hub need to be on or is the HUSBZB-1 a substitute?

I haven’t paired one in a while but from my memory you need to put the controller in pairing mode first then power on the bulb. after that it should flash a few times to indicate that it’s paired successfully.

Very old post but anyone use them and can see power consumption un HA?

Yes I currently have about 15 of the Sengled lights with the HUSBZB-1 and they work great, have been running for a long time.
They do not currently show power in my setup but I have not reset them and re-pair to see if maybe that would get them to show power.

Also going to purchase some of their color lights.
For anyone that’s interested Best Buy has a deal right now for 4 color lights
and a hub for only $69.99 link below.

The reason I want the hub is not to use it with HA but to maybe connect it seperate
and then do a firmware update on each bulb thru their hub, since I have not had
any replies to another post on if anyone has figured out how to do a firmware update
in HA without their hub.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sengled-smart-led-multicolor-a19-starter-kit-4-pack-multicolor/6373497.p?skuId=6373497

I have the white, the color, and an led strip all working with the husbzb-1. Nothing show powers but not a be concern for me.

They all have a Power Sensor just only show 0.00
May be a way to get them working,