Has anyone tried this air quality sensor?

€ 14,85 42%OFF | Tuya Wifi Smart Air Box Formaldehyde VOC carbon Dioxide temperature humidity Sensor Automation Alarm Detector Envir Optimization

It’s very well priced. And I’m curious if anyone has any experience with it?

1 Like

I really wonder the same! Would be nice to be able to add it to HA!

Well if you do, don’t order the WIFI version. I thought I picked the ZigBee, but somehow didn’t.

It has a Tuya CB3S WIFI/Bt module. I found that ESP32-C3 with TASMOTA fw can be used as drop-in. Maybe I will. I’m not sure what to do with the BLE.

I just got it, but can only see Voc an entity, but it has all the clusters… So not sure

1 Like

I got the ZigBee working but I’m sceptical about what’s it’s reporting

This was also taken from the tuya app

Hi mate,

I can only see VOC too at the moment. How did you get it to show the other items?

I am using a Sonoff zigbee USB stick into HA.

Many thanks!

1 Like

You have to restart home assistant.

2 Likes

Legend mate. Thank you!!

Worked a charm

Too easy, I accidentally figured it out.

Let me know what you think about the readings??

I have researched and I’m not sure the readings are correct…I had to use templates to convert mine

I have other sensors from other, better brands at home, and they are not far. This is in respect to Temp, co2 and humidity. Not sure of VOC and Formaldehyde.

What conventions did you do?

1 Like

I have the very similar device (AirBox4 aka Tuya Zigbee Smart Air Box).

Temp and humidity readings are very close to the other device in the same room.

With CO2 - I don’t have other sensor, but I did a small experiment - breathing out on the sensor for few seconds, and the dynamics of the readings makes a lot of sense, before, during and after.

1 Like

interesting, i know there is an issue as in my logs i get these

Logger: zigpy.zcl
Source: runner.py:119
First occurred: 10 August 2022 at 9:55:12 pm (12129 occurrences)
Last logged: 9:38:41 am

**[0x552E:1:0xef00] No 'handle_set_data_response' tuya handler found for set_data_response(data=TuyaCommand(status=0, tsn=1, dp=20, data=TuyaData(dp_type=<TuyaDPType.VALUE: 2>, function=0, raw=b'\x00\x00\x00\x00', *payload=0)))**
[0x552E:1:0xef00] No 'handle_set_data_response' tuya handler found for set_data_response(data=TuyaCommand(status=0, tsn=6, dp=20, data=TuyaData(dp_type=<TuyaDPType.VALUE: 2>, function=0, raw=b'\x00\x00\x00\x00', *payload=0)))
[0x552E:1:0xef00] No 'handle_set_data_response' tuya handler found for set_data_response(data=TuyaCommand(status=0, tsn=7, dp=20, data=TuyaData(dp_type=<TuyaDPType.VALUE: 2>, function=0, raw=b'\x00\x00\x00\x00', *payload=0)))
[0x85E0:1:0xef00] No 'handle_set_data_response' tuya handler found for set_data_response(data=TuyaCommand(status=0, tsn=3, dp=20, data=TuyaData(dp_type=<TuyaDPType.VALUE: 2>, function=0, raw=b'\x00\x00\x00\x00', *payload=0)))
[0x85E0:1:0xef00] No 'handle_set_data_response' tuya handler found for set_data_response(data=TuyaCommand(status=0, tsn=2, dp=20, data=TuyaData(dp_type=<TuyaDPType.VALUE: 2>, function=0, raw=b'\x00\x00\x00\x00', *payload=0)))

[0x552E:1: This my 6 in 1 sensor
0xef00] this is the cluster for CO2

But i dont know what to do with or what its really telling me other than i dont think its recording??

Any news regarding this sensor? Is it fully working? What’s the quality of the sensor readings?

Curious if anyone is still using these. I’m looking to purchase the Airbox 4 but can’t find much info about it…