HASPone DIY in-wall touchscreen Blueprints

HA SwitchPlate HASPone

A DIY touchscreen scene controller that fits in a standard switch box

I had been looking for a clean way to control Home Assistant that would fit into a standard single-gang work box / switch panel. Lacking good options on the market I decided to design and build one myself.

The HASPone can display a series of pages, each with a custom set of buttons. Information displayed on the buttons and actions taken when a button is pressed are handled by Home Assistant blueprints. The blueprints act like an “app store” for the HASPone device, allowing one to fully customize how the touchscreen behaves without dealing with any code.

Links for more HASPone info

HASPone Blueprint Exchange

HASP Core Functionality

HASP Core functionality

Preview

This blueprint provides the basic functionality for your HASPone. Deploy one automation from this blueprint for each of your HASPone devices.

Activate Page on Idle

Activate Page on Idle

Activates a selected page after a specified period of inactivity.

Activate Page

Activate Page

A button on the HASP will activate a page when pressed. Can be combined on a button with another blueprint which displays text.

Create Device Triggers

Create Device Triggers

Create Device Triggers for each of the HASP buttons defined. Device triggers can be utilized while creating your own automations through the Home Assistant UI. This allows for the easy creation of automations which will be triggered when pressing buttons on your HASP.

Display Alarm Control on Page 7

Display Alarm Control on Page 7

Preview

Page 7 controls a selected alarm panel for code entry and arm/disarm.

Display Calendar with Icon

Display Calendar with Icon

Preview

A HASP button displays month + date on the right with a calendar icon on the left.

Display Clock with Icon

Display Clock with Icon

Preview

A HASP button displays a clock on the right with a clock icon on the left.

Display Clock

Display Clock

Preview

A HASP button displays a clock with configurable text options.

Display Dimmer with Icon

Display Dimmer with Icon

Preview

A HASP button displays a dimmer control on page 4 and 5 with a toggle on/off icon to the left.

Display Entity State or Attribute

Preview

A HASP button displays the state or attribute value of an entity

Display Media Controls on Page 8

Preview

Page 8 controls a selected media player with artist and track info, track back/play|pause/track forward, and volume control

Display Template

Display Template

Preview

A button on the HASP will display the output of a template. The template is updated when the state of a selected entity updates.

Display Text

Display Text

Preview

A button on the HASP will display text. This can be useful when combined with other blueprints which perform an action, but don’t apply a label to a button. Deploy both blueprints on the same button, and now you have a button that says things and does things.

Display Toggle

Display Toggle

Preview

Press a button on the HASP to toggle the state of an entity. The button colors and text can change in response to the on/off state or attribute of the selected entity.

Display Volume Control on page 8

Display Volume Control on page 8

Preview

The slider button on page 8 displays a volume control

Display Weather Condition with Icon

Display Weather Condition with Icon

Preview

A HASP button displays the current weather condition on the right with a matching icon on the left

Display Weather Forecast

Display Weather Forecast

Preview

A HASP button displays an attribute of a selected weather forecast. You can use this to display tomorrow’s condition, or tonight’s low temp. Available forecast conditions will vary by weather provider, check your selected provider’s state under Developer Tools > States to get a sense of what your selected provider has to offer.

Display Weather Temperature with Colored Icon Only

Display Weather Temperature with Colored Icon Only

Preview

A HASP button displays the current temperature as an icon that is optionally coloured.

Display Weather Temperature with Icon and Colors

Display Weather Temperature with Icon and Colors

Preview

A HASP button displays the current temperature from a selected weather provider on the right with a dynamic thermometer icon on the left and (optional) colors.

Perform Action

Perform Action

A button on the HASP will perform an action when pressed. Can be combined on a button with another blueprint which displays text.

Cycle Automations

Cycle Automations

Preview

A button on the HASP will toggle through as many as 10 selected automations. This allows the user to assign multiple blueprints to the same button on the HASPone device, and to cycle between them by pressing the selected button.

Optionally, a timeout can be set to cycle back to a “default” automation after a specified interval, or to continuously cycle through selected automations.

Dim Screen with Sun

Dim Screen with Sun

Dim the HASPone backlight in response to the sun going up and down.

Dim Screen on Idle

Dim Screen on Idle

Dim the screen backlight after a specified period of inactivity.

Apply Theme

Apply Theme

A button on the HASP will have the current device theme or custom colors applied.

HASP Theme Dark on Light

HASP Theme Dark on Light

Preview

Press RUN ACTIONS to apply the theme Dark on Light to the selected HASP device

HASP Theme Light on Dark

HASP Theme Light on Dark

Preview

Press RUN ACTIONS to apply the theme Light on Dark to the selected HASP device

Remove MQTT Discovery Devices

Remove MQTT Discovery Devices

Press RUN ACTIONS to remove retained MQTT discovery messages for a decommissioned HASP.

2 Likes

I love my multiple HASPones. I’m dying for a color picker blueprint though.

1 Like

New Blueprint: Cycle Automations

Cycle Automations

Preview

A button on the HASP will toggle through as many as 10 selected automations. This allows the user to assign multiple blueprints to the same button on the HASPone device, and to cycle between them by pressing the selected button.

Optionally, a timeout can be set to cycle back to a “default” automation after a specified interval, or to continuously cycle through selected automations.

HASPone 1.05 release

The 1.05 release of HASPone brings updates to nearly every blueprint in the collection. Most of the blueprints which support text now have advanced text controls (color etc). Here’s an example:

One major technical point with the 1.05 blueprints is the ability to support multiple sensor entities attached to the HASPone device. With these blueprints it will be possible to create additional helper entities that will be leveraged for new capabilities (color picker anyone?). Update your blueprints now and you’ll be all set once the new functions are released!

2 Likes

I know it’s been a while since these were updated, but I was wondering if you have any HVAC / Heatpump control cards for the HASPone? I have a couple of these and wouldn’t mind HVAC controls displayed if it was possible.
I find these really functional little touch controls.

Let me know if you find one. I am interested in supplementing my HVAC with my HASP.

Yep there is a HVAC Blueprint. I use it now. It can be found at HASPone/Home_Assistant/blueprints at main · HASwitchPlate/HASPone · GitHub It’s name is ether “hasp_Display_Heatpump_Control_page6.yaml” Or “hasp_Display_Heatpump_Control_page9”
There not to much in the way of documentation on it. it’s not complicated though.

1 Like

@Akriss
What version and install type of HA do you use?

When I tried those two, they kept failing. I could set a mode oncel, say heat, and change temperature but as soon as I pressed off, the automation stopped executing and froze up the page on HA 2023.6.x using a zwave thermostat device.

I have Home Assistant OS 10.2 W/ latest HA. version (on a nuc). HASP 1.05

However my heating system is simple, it’s just heat and controlled with a relay and some sensors with a DIY Tasmota device. and the HASS Generic Thermostat platform.

@Akriss
Yeah, it seems to work okay if you just do a heat toggle and temp changes. Once it triggers heat_cool modes or going from cool to off, for some reason with my Z-Wave thermostat it has a hissy fit.
I’d would say if you have a basic heat only system using generic thermostat, or even generic thermostat cooling, it would work, but would need to keep it basic.
@stevemann
You could try the HeatPump Control (Page 6 or Page 9) from the github page, but just be aware that if you have a thermostate outside of the generic one it may be unpredictable :slight_smile: