HASS Agent Integration - Add New PC

Hi, i have installed HASS agent on a PC and the integration on my HA setup, all good and communicating via MQTT. I’ve just added Agent to a second PC and can’t get HA to find it. It’s reporting on MQTT explorer so it is connected to the broker, and ‘auto discoer’ new devices is turned on in the integration.

I’ve restarted the integration and HA but still no luck. Can anyone help me with where else i should look?

Thanks, Ian.

EDIT - here is the log from Agent:

Ended up removing and reinstalling HASS intergration, and both devices were discovered. Not how its supposed to go but it worked!

2 Likes

I’m not sure if this is required but I have separate long lived API tokens for each machine along with distinct device names.

Yeah thats how i did it too. Strange!

Why have I not searched the community, first. It would have saved me so much time:

1. Remove any previously discovered HASS Agents from Devices and Services in Home Assistant.
  2. Reboot Home Assistant.

Prerequisite: make sure all hass agents are active on every Windows machine you’re trying to discover.

1 Like

this does not work… even with freshly installed HA… i see my pc, added using the discovery but no media player… :frowning: (frowning)

EDIT, and yes i tried, remove agents, add agents, reinstall, activate agent first on pc, reboot pc, still the media player not showing up… the documentation says that i dont need to enable local API on the agent… maybe i need to activate it for media player to work?.. PC is windows 11 pro pc…

Same issue, no media player

use the correct HACS repo, dont use the one that you find in HACS store, you need to manually add

This step is important:

good luck.

I found that but although it brought back the media player, there were other issues that made it unusable.

I ended up with snapcast, so I can play sounds or music on my pc