HASS.Agent: Windows client to receive notifications, use commands, sensors, quick actions and more!

Bit harsh don’t you think? I’ve worked hundreds of hours on this project; in coding, in support and in docs. I have a full time job and a gf/social life, so I sink all my spare time into this. Last month was busy for me both professionally and personally, so yea I responded a bit slower since there’s not much wiggle room the amount of spare time.

Like I said in my previous post: things are getting back on track and I’ll do my best to catch up on tickets this weekend

6 Likes

I am often stingy with praise, but I want to specifically praise the author of this tool. I don’t know how he is with support, but the implementation of the application and the idea itself are absolutely phenomenal, in my opinion - which probably doesn’t matter too much :slight_smile:

So, all praise!
And thank you for your hard work.

That’s it.

I suppose; just frustrating. I did donate because of your efforts to-date, just started reminding me of IoTLink. Not that a small donation is going to cover your work, but just thinking from my end.

Truth be told, I just put 2-and-2 together as I believe you had responded to my Discord inquiry… my bad.

1 Like

Would you share the chrome custom command @duceduc ? Exactly what I’m trying to do. Thanks!

It does matter, that’s really nice to hear, thanks!

It’s been awhile. I think these are the steps needed to create the swtich.

If you want to open the url in incognito, you will need to enable it first on hass.agent on pc. The below screenshot is where you will find it.

After, goto commands config tab and create your url to launch. Choose LaunchUrl if you only want to open urls. Choose custom if you want to open url and programs.

LaunchUrl sample

yahoo.com msn.com fb.com

If you want to open combination of url and windows program, you will need to create a .bat file and store locally on pc. Select the Custom as type.

sample.bat file

@echo off
start chrome https://msn.com --incognito

start C:\Users\Duc\AppData\Roaming\Zoom\bin\Zoom.exe
exit

Save your changes. Home Assistant should created your switches like so.

switch.desktop-fddl8i4_jcb
switch.desktop_fddl8i4_litalico

You can create a shortcut key to use on your pc to launch it. Goto quick actions tab to create your shortcuts.

That is it. Test your shortcut.

2 Likes

404 occurs when the entity you binded on the quickaction doesn’t exist anymore. Did you perhaps rename it?

1 Like

HASS.Agent’s integration has its own topic: hassagent/#. If you didn’t change anything and use the default mqtt integration in ha, it should be ok. You could use mqtt explorer to see if there’s anything published in those topics.

You can do that using a CustomCommand, just link it to the bat file

Yep that’s a known bug, working on it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s correct, that’s a safety feature of Windows. No application can (without nasty hacks) emulate keys in the lock screen, because otherwise it could maliciously login the user, or listen to key presses and steal the password.

Great tip! Did a quick search and there appear to be a few ways I could programatically toggle focus assist.

Created a ticket: https://lab02research.youtrack.cloud/issue/hassagent-200

1 Like

Okay think I’m caught up here, if I missed something please let me know :heart:

2 Likes

I am wondering if there was a way to do it currently, maybe with a CustomCommand. Great if you are able to add a dedicated way of toggling it with a new feature though.

You might find some info here, there’s an autohotkey script you could use (and then trigger that script through hass.agent): autohotkey - How to assign a hotkey to enable/disable Focus Assist on Windows 10/11? - Super User

1 Like

Thanks. I did find that already, although it seemed quite convoluted. I’ve used AutoHotkey before and it’s really useful, but I was looking for a native way to do it. Might have a look at using this, although if you’re able to implement a proper way to do it programatically, then I may just wait for that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just to update my previous post, I have since deployed a new OS and have just 1 powershell sensor added with a refresh rate of every 60 seconds. In task manager I can see powershell.exe being executed every 10 seconds.

Thanks for the update, I’ll let you know when I found something during debugging @benjani85

I have HASS.Agent set up and working on my HTPC. The media player integration is a godsend, and has dramatically simplified many of my automations. Thank you!!!

My question is around configuring power on/off options for the media player entity. I have WoL and a sleep script set up through HASS.Agent, and I would like to have these options show up as the power on/off options for the media player. This would allow me to use the media_player entity to control the HTPC. Is there any way to configure this?

2 Likes

We use an RMM agent at work called ScreenConnect which runs as SYSTEM which emulates a keyboard to send keypresses to bypass this and allow pasting functions for the login screen. Might be able to go down that route but running HASS as SYSTEM could raise a bunch of red flags for AV, and lose some of the user/notification functionality.