Hass-crypto-icons

Now that we also have a crypto tracker in HACS ( https://github.com/BigNocciolino/CryptoTracker I would like to inform you that I have converted some crypto currency logos to be suitable for Home Assistant.
At the moment there are 40 available but a request can be raised to add more.

10 more are added in release 1.1.0
10 more are added in release 1.2.0

The code to add them to Lovelace is copied from the excellent hass-hue-icons https://github.com/arallsopp/hass-hue-icons by Andy Allsopp.

The crypto icons can be used from the new 2021-11 icon-picker or manual as; crypto:dot
where dot is the tag for the crypto coin Polkadot.
Have a look at https://github.com/GH2user/hass-crypto-icons if you want to use these.

7 Likes

I see dogecoin in the list above but it doesnā€™t seem to work in the cusatomizations. It just shows as blank.

I looked in the source code and didnā€™t see it listed either.

Is it included and I am missing it somehow?

same for Shiba Inuā€¦

homeassistant:
  customize:
    sensor.crypto_btc:
      icon: crypto:btc
    sensor.crypto_doge:
      icon: crypto:doge
    sensor.crypto_eth:
      icon: crypto:eth
    sensor.crypto_shib:
      icon: crypto:shib

but Bitcoin and Ethereum are working fine

1 Like

@finity
Thanks for pointing that out, I missed a few.
These are now added so if you download the ā€œhass-crypto-icon.jsā€ file once more they will work.

1 Like

Yup, working good now.

Thanks!

Just added this as a custom repo via HACS and it works brilliantly. Great work!

1 Like

It should indeed work as a custom repo but good to know it indeed does. I might even add instuctions here how to do that. If a lot of people star it it might end up as a standard repository, but a long way to go yet.

1 Like

Great work. Well done for surfacing this idea.

1 Like

Please add Wonderland TIME!

Hi @cinghialino I have the icon, will add it soon to the repository. Hopefully later this evening in 10-12hr from now. Thanks for your request.

HA_crypto-time

1 Like

Awesome! I hope next step will be the possibility of adding it to HACS. Thank you for your work.

Thanks for this!
Iā€™d like to request AMP, LRC & FLOKI to be addedā€¦

Hello @ElSteve
AMP and LRC are straightforward, the FLOKI one is more difficult.
Iā€™ll give it a try.

update; 1223 MET
Floki is a bit ā€˜thinnerā€™ than the others, what do you think?
need to do a few more for the next release but it is coming soon
v1-2-0 added

Hi @ElSteve they are added.

Please replace the current hass-crypto-icons.js by the new one to use them.
v1-2-0 added

1 Like

Hey. Glad to see this being extended. Well done @GH2user.

Very nice!

Thanks!

edit: bizarre - i updated the file, restarted HA and the new icons arenā€™t showing up, yet the old ones still areā€¦gonna bang around see whatā€™s whatā€¦ NVM - refresh browser cache did the trick. looks great!

Hello again @GH2user.

As part of my continued work on hass-hue-icons, Iā€™ve been writing an icon library preview utility. It supports third party scripts, such as yours via url parameter, eg:

If its of interest or utility to your users, feel free to tweak or modify.

2 Likes

Nice work Andy.
It also arranges them in the order of the library entries which for the crypto icons happens to be alfabetically. We should have this easy auto-generating in the ReadMe on the GitHub pages instead of the screenshots.

1 Like

Thanks,

I canā€™t think of an easy way to do get this into a readme, except via <iframe/> tags. Unfortunately, embedding an iframe into GitHub-flavored Markdown (GFM) is not allowed.

6.11 Disallowed Raw HTML (extension)

GFM enables the tagfilter extension, where the following HTML tags will be filtered when rendering HTML output:

<title> <textarea> <style> <xmp> <iframe> <noembed> <noframes> <script> <plaintext>

[ā€¦] These tags are chosen in particular as they change how HTML is interpreted in a way unique to them [ā€¦], and this is usually undesireable in the context of other rendered Markdown content.

All other HTML tags are left untouched.

Possible Work-around

You could take a screenshot from the helper (it reflows according to the size of the browser window you give it), embed that, and make it a link to the helper URL with your params in place.

There may be other ways Iā€™ve not thought of, mind.

I forked the original repo and updated it since it was broken. Hereā€™s the link to the updated file. Just use the original instructions to get this installed.

P.S. I even added the crypto.com icons in there as a bonus :slight_smile: