Hass_ingress: add additional ingress panels to your Home Assistant frontend

Hassio provides a very nice feature called Hass.io Ingress. As we all know, Hassio has system version requirements and only supports Debian systems (including Ubuntu). We cannot install Hassio on some systems, but we can install containers with corresponding functions, such as adguardhome, nodered, etc. The ingress feature of hassio allows us to integrate adguardhome and nodered into the HA sidebar for easy use, and only needs to configure intranet penetration for HA, without the need to configure other services separately. It would be a good idea to be able to use the ingress feature without hassio. In addition, some services do not have corresponding hassio addons, It would be great if they could also be integrated into the HA sidebar to achieve ingress access.

hass_ingressextracts this feature into a standalone integration, it allows you to add additional ingress panels to your Home Assistant frontend. The panels are listed in the sidebar and can contain external resources like the web frontend of your router, your monitoring system, or your media server. Home Assistant will take care of the authentication and the secure connection, so users can access the external resources without extra login.

For how to use, see GitHub - lovelylain/hass_ingress: Home Assistant ingress feature, add additional ingress panels to your Home Assistant frontend.

1 Like

6 Home Assistant Tweaks for the Next Level HA Wranglers | What Are We Fixing Today?.
My video from a couple of years ago but I think it still all works.
Look at number 5 in the text and in the video…

NOTE: Updated for the iframe replacement process 2024.4…

Just found this, it’s absolutely brilliant! I don’t know why it hasn’t got more attention.
A few lines of config and I have Jellyfin access everywhere.
Thank you!

Your second part of 5, about panel_iframe is out of date and both links are dead. (Obviously it only just changed in 2024.4)

I fixed in the cookbook version that Stiltjack pulled out of another community link, I got to find that as well.

I booked marked this so I don’t forget.

I hope it’s not too embedded in the video.

The document has been updated, thanks for the reminder.