Hass.io Add-on: Xbox One

Does anyone else have their Xbox randomly turning on? I don’t have anything in my logs saying that something has turned it on, nor do I have any automations to turn it on. This add-on is the only thing I can think of as I have 2 Xbox’s, but only one is connected to this add-on.

Non, je n’ais pas avancé d’un pouce. désolé.

My Xbox One has been turning on at random for over a year now. I can’t figure out why. I am only now installing this to HA (it’s actually not even installed yet)… so I think this might be a separate Xbox issue, unrelated to HA or this addon

Thanks for that. That at least rules this out. I find it rather odd.

On a side note, I am on the Xbox Insiders Alpha release ring, so maybe it’s a bug with that.

Please give this a try:

Thanks again @ericleb010 and @jmhill1287 for maintaining it!

Can anyone confirm if they’ve got this working with multiple xboxs and multiple xbox live accounts? We have 3 of each but we aren’t static to an xbox, any one of us will log into any one of the xboxs in the house.

Thanks!

Sorry, I haven’t been following this topic for a while. What does this do different than the original from hunterjm’s add-on?

Hi folks. I need some help here. My Xbox was out of commission for some time and I know this add-on has changed hands a few times since then. Now it’s time to get set back up. and I’m unable to authenticate.

My router has never supported hassio.local, so I’ve always had to use my local IP address. Now, it seems that isn’t working for me either. Has anyone else run into this? Am I doing something wrong? Is there anything else I can try?

I tried to update to the latest version but can’t get it to run says its missing xbox.handlers any ideas?

xboxrest | ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'xbox.handlers'

@mastermc0
Sorry, mistake at my side - new build is coming up.

@cjsimmons
In the future, it should be more up-to-sync with the base library it uses.
Also the custom integration is with HACS now.

@BigBlackBear
Just to make sure, you are running the ADDON + Custom component ?
What happens when you call http://<REST_SERVER_IP>:<REST_SERVER_PORT> ? Connection refused?

@tuxuser Please forgive me, but I’m not 100% clear on your terminology, so let me give you the information I have.

Months ago - when the Hassio add-on was all that was available - that was what I had installed. Recently, I completely uninstalled that version and re-installed it via HACS. (I prefer HACS, because I can get notifications when updates are available).

For your other question, I assume the REST server is just my Home Assistant instance…? I’m not at home to check the exact error right now, but here is some background info on my setup.

When I first set up Home Assistant, I had to log in via the IP address because hassio.local didn’t resolve. That was fine and I eventually got DuckDNS and SSL all set up. Everything has been working fine until I got my Xbox set back up and tried to go through the authentication process again.

From a networking perspective, this is what I have in my configuration.yaml:

http:
  base_url: https://(redacted).duckdns.org
  ssl_certificate: /ssl/fullchain.pem
  ssl_key: /ssl/privkey.pem

I also have a rule on my router that forwards port 443 to 8123. If I disable this rule. I can use the IP to log in to Home Assistant, but port 5557 still doesn’t work.

Here is a list of URLs that I’ve tried (without success):

As I mentioned, I’m not at home to grab the exact errors for each, but I can do that tonight if it helps.

Lastly, I’ve been getting the following in my log for months:

Unreachable /auth endpoint
8:39:32 AM – custom_components/xboxone/media_player.py (ERROR) - message first occurred at 6:58:14 AM and shows up 554 times

This entry started appearing while I had the previous Hassio add-on installed and persists now that I have it installed via HACS. I always assumed it had to do with the fact that my Xbox was offline, but I’m now wondering whether it’s related to my current issue.

@BigBlackBear
Sorry you went thru the hassle of writing it all down when infact I wasnt very clear on the current requirements:

• The HASS.IO or seperately installed Xbox-Smartglass-REST server is still a requirement!

This means you need the HACS component + Hass.IO addon…

The goal is to NOT have that requirement for too long anymore and transit to an independent component, without any addon needed. But thats not the case for now tho.

Interesting… I must have missed that entirely.

I feel like that wasn’t needed before. Is that a new requirement that has arisen over the last few months?

Sorry… Maybe I’m just being thick here. I see references to three components that all sound like they are separate:

1. HACS add-on
  2. Hassio add-on
  3. Xbox One Smartglass REST server (which seems to include a number of manual steps, involving the command line)

First question: Are any those components actually the same?

Second question: For a Hassio installation, which do I need?

Number 2 and 3 are the same

For a Hass.io install you want to go for the Hass.io addon, number 2.

Awesome. So, just to be clear… That is that all I need? Just the Hassio add-on and nothing more?

A few posts up:

You need the Hass.io add-on and the HACS integration.

So I should use this rather than the one from Hunterjm?

Yes, this one is better maintained. I’m not sure what exactly has changed, but @tuxuser was one of the original developers who reverse engineered the SmartGlass API, and has pulled this integration into their GitHub account as I haven’t had time to maintain it.

@RiseUp @tuxuser: Back up and running. Thanks to both of you!

Sorry for being so dense. Clearly there have been some significant changes since I was last using this component and I totally missed / misunderstood the updated installation instructions.