Hass.io + deCONZ + RaspBee = Flailure

Update:

Using this tip from @gjong in the thread Deconz for Hass.io I added the following to my config.txt file.

enable_uart=1
dtoverlay=pi3-disable-bt

Now, is this progress, hard to say.

15%20PM

deCONZ has a bridgeid, but it also changed the state of both the hue and deCONZ to setup_error.

Not sure what the significance of that is. Still no lights or switches. Just the one sensor.

And in a possibly related instance, Samba share stopped working. :sweat_smile:

I’d recommend you to start looking at the logs. If nothing is showing follow instructions to enable debug for deconz component from component documentation

Making progress now!

The trick was making sure there was a blank line after the addendum to config.txt

enable_uart=1
dtoverlay=pi3-disable-bt
[blank line]

With discovery enabled I was able to follow the deCONZ instructions provided.

I now have a motion sensor AND dimmer!

But alas, still no lights.

1 Like

Would you mind creating an issue with marthocs deconz docker github and add what you did to solve this?

No problem. Hopefully this thread helps someone else as well!

1 Like

Your shared experience will help improve documentation for other users :+1:

Same issue here fixed adding a blank line after the config.

UPDATE:

I’ve gotten all of the lights into deCONZ by manually resetting each hue bulb.

To do so, I had to flip the light switch off-on, then using the hue dimmer switch depress both the on and off buttons simultaneously for 10 seconds until lights stop blinking.

Now on to the next problem… deCONZ won’t create new groups.

One was created for the dimmer switch automatically and is visible in HA. However, when I click “+ Add Group” the pop-up displays, then when I click submit, nothing.

Am I the only one having this problem in deCONZ?

I seem to be having the same problem. Here is my config.txt file - is this correct?

kernel=u-boot.bin
disable_splash=1
dtparam=audio=on
enable_uart=1
dtoverlay=pi3-disable-bt

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Whats the issue you’re having? 6 months in between posts, the cause might be different.

I am trying to get deCONZ working for the first time on Hass.io. I am trying for 36 hours but no success.

I dont know where I stand at present. Here are two screen-shots which might give you a clue as to how much progress I have made to date.

It seems that the Raspbee is not found?

Another image:

Robban,

I managed to get deCONZ working. I am not sure what I did differently apart from do a HA update from v 82.0 to 83.1. I then removed deCONZ and reinstalled again. Working now.

Thanks.

Great that you solved it!

Hi there,

got a similar issue over here.

Following this guide I was able to add those too lines to the config.txt, but still it says that the raspbee isn’t connected:

Hassio HW info:

DeCONZ Config:

Any hint how to track this issue down?
How can I access the deconz log files?

Currently I’m using a 2A 5W supply.
Do I really need a 2,5A one ?

Many thanks in advance!

I think there is a comment about an extra new line in regards to getting this fixed

Hey Robban, thanks for the hint.
I had already one extra line included, added another one (just in case):

No luck with that one, still not connected :confused:

How can I open the deconz related log files?

I don’t use Hassio, but there are commands to use docker to read logs from containers. You might need to improve logging for the add-on though

Hey Robban, thanks for your quick reply.

I know this post, one of those who gave me the hint related to ssh :slight_smile:

Meanwhile I was able to test if its related to my 2A power supply - not.
Very frustrating thing.

I’ll try if it works with a fresh install. If not I’ll probably gonna switch to hasspian :confused:

//edit:
Just in case someone got the same issues:

• save a fresh snapshot on your system
  • fresh hassOS install + snapshot import
  • System-SSH configuration:

Use a USB drive formatted with FAT, ext4, or NTFS and name it CONFIG (case sensitive). Create an authorized_keys file containing your public key, and place it in the root of the USB drive. From the UI, navigate to the hass.io system page and choose “Import from USB”. You can now access your device as root over SSH on port 22222. Alternatively, the file will be imported from the USB when the hass.io device is rebooted.

• System-SSH:
    ssh [email protected] -p 22222 -i .ssh/YOUR Private Key File
    login
    vi /mnt/boot/config.txt

enable_uart=1
dtoverlay=pi3-miniuart-bt
(blank line)

reboot

Solved it for me :wink:

My setup:

• pi3
  • 2A power supply

Note:
I’ve used dtoverlay=pi3-miniuart-bt instead of dtoverlay=pi3-disable-bt*.

1 Like