Hass.io Installation Error

Hi. I am super new to Home Assistant. So I got a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B, a 32GB Samsung micro SD card.

I followed the instructions detailed in this page:

I downloaded Etcher and the appropriate image for my device and flashed the Samsung card.
I then connected by Pi to my TV via HDMI, connected it via ethernet to my LAN, and booted the thing up.

I see a lot of command line stuff going on for 10 minutes but then the installation gets stuck with this:

[1941.610320] IPv6: ADDRCONF (NETDEV_UP): wlan0: link is not ready
[1941.621765] BRCMFMAC: power management disabled

Then the setup would keep repeating these 2 lines.

Hereā€™s how I tried to fixed the issue (and failed):

1. I tried re-flashing my SD card with Etcher but somehow, my installation gets stuck on this part.
  2. I thought this was a hardware issue so I installed Rasbian on the Pi and I was able to browse the web when connected via ethernet. So I think the hardware is fine.
  3. I tried going on my router interface and assign a static address to my Pi but this did not fix the error.

What am I doing wrong? Why do I keep getting this error?

1 Like

You need to stop rebooting and reflashing and wait!!!
Also donā€™t connect via HDMI - nothing useful is shown there after if first says itā€™s installing.
Just go to http://ip_address:8123
It could take longer than 30 minutes for it to come up and be working.

1 Like

I actually left it overnight and it got stuck there.

same problem here. Tried it with 2 sd cards with a freshly downloaded hassOS (32Bit Raspberry 3)

Did you get stuck at the same part? Were you able to figure it out?

Same thing happens to me and itā€™s the 2nd card I mess upā€¦ two nights waiting and nothing besides ā€œPreparing ā€¦20 minutesā€. Canā€™t use card for anything else, canā€™t delete partitions. Already tried with gparted (linux) and diskpart (windows). Nothing can make the cards writable again.

I think I can reflash the sd card, but my system is stuck here:

cannot access the web-hass os. Newby here. How can I get HASS IO / HassOS to run?

Had an earlier version that worked for a few months, but did not use it, that had stopped and I assumded the SD card was broken (had no monitor in range of my RPi). So I removed it from my home automation box and set it to my desktop (/Monitor with hdmi). Installed a new sd card. And voila IĀ“m stuck with the line above.

Same problem here!
Still no solution. I donā€™t know if it relevant but I came accross to that:
https://github.com/home-assistant/hassio/pull/581

but I have no idea what they are saying thereā€¦ :yum:

I forgot to say that this issue apeared after power failure.

Unless you intended to use wifi and IPv6 instead of IPv4 this message is not a problem.

Power Management being disabled is also not a problem.

Normally you donā€™t look at this console at all. Itā€™s a server, so you open a browser and go to the local-ip-address:8123 and wait.

I donā€™t know how you are doing this, but in Windows you would select the disk in diskpart and then ā€˜cleanā€™ it. You could also use an SD format tool like this one https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

Youā€™re the first Iā€™ve seen where flashing an SD has resulted in SDs becoming unwritable. Iā€™m not saying you are wrong, but I think it is odd. Do you use an adapter that ā€œlocksā€ the SD?

I have had I think one dead card that just wasnā€™t being recognised and nothing would bring it back - so I replaced the card, end of problem.

SD-Cards can be a bugger at times but they can break - but theyā€™re pretty inexpensive so if this happens just replace. I have re-imaged cards more times than I can count with no issues though including deleting all partitions so itā€™s not a regular occurrence.

Waiting the browser led nowhere after many hours.
Canā€™t reach UI in any wayā€¦

Wow. I feel so stupid. I was watching the monitor connected to the Raspberry PI. I didnā€™t realize I was supposed to go to the web interface on my PC. It was waiting there for me all along without any issues!!!

2 Likes

And you connected to home assistant?

Yes. Thanks!

how do you configure the hass io to connect to the wifi?

I got stuck to the same place, and I checked my router, finding that Hassio did not connect to the network at all. Then I resolved it by renaming my USB drive (for /network/my-network) to be ā€œCONFIGā€ (no quotes).

2019-01-05 19:33:52 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Starting Home Assistant
2019-01-05 19:33:52 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Timer:starting
2019-01-05 19:34:05 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.discovery] Unknown service discovered: igd {ā€˜hostā€™: ā€˜192.168.1.1ā€™, ā€˜portā€™: 5431, ā€˜ssdp_descriptionā€™: ā€˜http://192.168.1.1:5431/dyndev/uuid:34bf9047-b4a6-a6b4-4790-bf34bf47a60000ā€™, ā€˜nameā€™: ā€˜AN1020-25Uā€™, ā€˜model_nameā€™: ā€˜96318REFā€™, ā€˜model_numberā€™: ā€˜AN1020-25U_R2Aā€™, ā€˜serialā€™: None, ā€˜manufacturerā€™: ā€˜FiberHomeā€™, ā€˜udnā€™: ā€˜uuid:34bf9047-b4a6-a6b4-4790-bf34bf47a60000ā€™, ā€˜upnp_device_typeā€™: ā€˜urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:InternetGatewayDevice:1ā€™}

I am having the same issue. I removed my touch screen and PoE head as it appeared to be causing a drop in power (got the lightning bolt) and have reimaged my SD over 4 times. I get the screen indicating it could take 20 minutes, but I let it run overnight and still not coming up. The ā€œpreparing Hass ioā€ screen appears stuck and just white. When I stop the browser window and refresh I get the logo 20-minute wait screen and it eventually changes to the white screen.

I have tried both 32-bit and 64-bit versions.

Hi, Iā€™m new and I have the same problem
I have a Raspberry Pi 3 plus. I can see the hassio in my router, but when I try to access it, the page says that the site cant be reached.
I connect the raspberry to a monitor and the process is looping on:

IPv6: ADDRCONF (NETDEV_UP): wlan0: link is not ready
BRCMFMAC: power management disabled

Does anyone solve this issue?

Thanks

1 Like

I fixed it by rebooting rpi and make sure the wifi usb is plugged in before i turn rpi back on