Hass.io Installation Error

This also worked for me! Thanks .

ShanSahn, do you mean the usb ‘CONFIG’ with the my-network file?
Can you share the file without the SSID and password of course? Maybe that is what I do wrong.

I used the same configuration file as this tutorial: https://github.com/home-assistant/hassos/blob/dev/Documentation/network.md

And I made two changes to make it work:

1. I did copy&paste that into a word file and cleared the format (not sure if that matters)

2. I also named it system-connections as they used in the video instead of my-network (again, not sure if that actually matters)

Here is my system-connections (path: CONFIG: network/system-connections):

[connection]
id=hassos-network
uuid=04d5e2c2-6ecc-4b3c-a2c0-98a1e7e52f83
type=802-11-wireless

[802-11-wireless]
mode=infrastructure
ssid=yourwifiname

Uncomment below if your SSID is not broadcasted

#hidden=true

[802-11-wireless-security]
auth-alg=open
key-mgmt=wpa-psk
psk=yourwifipsw

[ipv4]
method=auto

[ipv6]
addr-gen-mode=stable-privacy
method=auto

Don’t know why the “Uncomment below if your SSID is not broadcasted” got bolded but that’s not supposed to be there lol

because you didn’t put any of the text in to a code block, it’s using normal markdown

ShanShan,
you’re the best. I don’t know what did the trick but it worked.
Maybe it was renaming the file system-connections or maybe something else but I thank you.

So I can discover the Home Assistant in its full.

Is any jumper in the Raspberry Pi 3 plus that I have to be installed to run this firmware?

no. just get image on SDCard and boot

1 Like

I can make this @$%#%^& to work… If I connect the Raspberry to a DMI, it shows different errors (I tried different SD cards, different firmware, wired and wifi) and I afraid that the Raspberry hardware have some issues but I don’t know how to test it.

Try installing Raspbian and testing the hardware. If it works, you can install hassio on Raspbian using docker-ce

Does Hass.io save in a file the log at the boot up?
If so, how is it called and where I can find it?

Yes.
It’s home-assistant.log and it’s held within the /config directory.

Just a note I found out the hard way…if you put the Wifi information on a USB the name of the USB has to be CONFIG then only put directory “network” in the root of the USB with the “my-network.txt” file. Works like a charm! Now learned to if you switch to eth0 then you will get that wlan0: link is not ready because you are no longer using it. Should say something like: veth5ed9e79: link becomes ready. Just my observations so far.

1 Like

Thanks! Finaly it’s start!

I also have the problem that the installation cannot be completed because of:

IPv6: ADDRCONF (NETDEV_UP): wlan0: link is not ready
BRCMFMAC: power management disabled

As far as I can understand from this thread you can’t get out of this problem without using a usb drive with the network configuration. Is my statement correct?

Both of those messages are normal. Have you tried connecting to your instance from a browser? That’s what you’re supposed to be doing.

I have been trying for three days to get this to work, no matter what I do I get the error below when trying to get to HA through chrome. WHen connecting a monitor, all I get is these messages, which I dont think are errors. Any ideas?

This site can’t be reached

192.168.XX.XXX refused to connect.
Try:

You should probably start your own thread, but you have provided no information for anyone to help you.

Your “error” message is nothing more than your browser cannot find the page (which means that HA isn’t running properly or, based on your screenshot (you don’t have to hide 192.168.x.x addresses…), it looks like you aren’t connecting to the port http://192.168.xx.xxx:8123

Please don’t try to hide your private IP. It’s not routeable in any way, shape, or form.

I did - Home Assistant Fresh Install ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED - 2020

Thanks for responding!

OMG! I had the same problem! My (non)issue was actually my stupidity. I somehow feel comforted that I’m not being stupid alone. :laughing: Thanks for sharing!