Hass.io keeps locking up. where to start

I’ve had hass.io running on my raspberry pi for about 2 weeks now. I am mainly running it for the security boards Konnected which I have two of.

everything runs runs fine and works, but every few days hass.io just stops reporting. the IP is still pingable, and I can get to the login prompt with an attached keyboard and monitor. only thing I see on the console is about the wlan0 not responding, which doens’t matter to me since I am hard wired.

however hassio isn’t responding.

is there a log in on the console I can get in an look at the syslog? I originaly thought it was power related but I am on my 3rd power supply and a brand new class 10 U3 microSD card.

hassio -> system -> systemlog only shows me the current info, not what was on there before it locked up.

9-02-19 19:48:16 INFO (SyncWorker_5) [hassio.docker.interface] Clean homeassistant/raspberrypi3-homeassistant Docker application
19-02-19 19:48:18 INFO (SyncWorker_5) [hassio.docker.homeassistant] Start homeassistant homeassistant/raspberrypi3-homeassistant with version 0.87.1
19-02-19 19:49:18 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.homeassistant] Detect a running Home Assistant instance
19-02-19 19:49:18 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.addons] Startup application run 2 add-ons
19-02-19 19:49:18 ERROR (MainThread) [hassio.addons.addon] Add-on core_google_assistant have wrong options: Missing required option 'project_id'. Got {'client_secrets': 'google_assistant.json', 'project_id': None, 'model_id': None}
19-02-19 19:49:18 INFO (SyncWorker_17) [hassio.docker.interface] Clean homeassistant/armhf-addon-configurator Docker application
19-02-19 19:49:22 INFO (SyncWorker_17) [hassio.docker.addon] Start Docker add-on homeassistant/armhf-addon-configurator with version 2
19-02-19 19:49:27 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.tasks] All core tasks are scheduled
19-02-19 19:49:27 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.core] Hass.io is up and running
19-02-19 19:54:27 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.homeassistant] Updated Home Assistant API token
19-02-19 20:04:10 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.hassos] Syncing configuration from USB with HassOS.
19-02-19 20:04:10 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.host.services] Restart local service hassos-config.service
19-02-19 20:04:10 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.utils.gdbus] Call org.freedesktop.systemd1.Manager.RestartUnit on /org/freedesktop/systemd1
19-02-19 20:24:27 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.homeassistant] Updated Home Assistant API token

any suggestions on where to start? I was planning on using this to replace my security system so I would like it to be online and reliable.

Thanks,
Seth

I also have a rather fresh install of HASSIO on a new RP3 B+… I was hoping for a better platform for my eclectic mix of devices (Insteon / Z-Wave / Kasa / Lifx / Harmony / Plex)… I’ve been struggling with HA for the last 3 weeks and just when I think all is working, the system locks up… the Web UI crashes while SSH is still good. I’ve rebuilt and started from scratch more times than I can count. On top of it, a lot of the documentation has changed over the course of the last 2 years, it’s impossible to know what it best or right way to do things. I’m pretty much about to abandon ship and go back to ST… HA is not ready for prime time.

with out access to ADB I have isolated the core files down to the weather sensor YR. I comment those out and reboot and the cores stop. uncomment, reboot, they come back.

so I have removed those from the config.yaml all together now.

Hmmm. That might make sense. Mine is still locking up and YR is enabled. Seems like it happens every 6-12 hours. I’m using darksky, so I’ll comment that out.

Mine hasn’t locked up or core dumped since I commented it out.

I too am using dark sky. Well sort of. I can’t get a descent card or hadashboard with dark sky yet. So if you got any good looking ones, feel free to post them!

Seriously? theres at least a couple of great ones.

yes ,that one is cool, how did you do it?

follow the github link

doh, sorry new to this. didn’t realize that was a link.

1 Like