Hass.io manual installation in virtual environment on Raspberry Pi

I followed the manual (Virtual Environment) installation instructions on this page: https://www.home-assistant.io/docs/installation/raspberry-pi/

The installation is working fine with a android TV and a Xiaomi Air Purifier. However I keep reading forum posts that the manual installation method is not installing hassio. Its just Home Assistant.

So I have two questions:

1. what exactly is the difference between Home Assistant and hassio? I mean what features do I get with hassio that Home Assistant doesn’t have?
  2. Is there a installation instruction for hassio in the virtual environment available?

I don’t want to use the image because I also have Pi-hole running on the same Raspberry Pi OS Lite with LXQt desktop environment.

The second one has not existed for some months now. It is just called Home Assistant OS.

The different install methods are summarised here: Home Assistant Installation Methods

No. You can only install Home Assistant Core in the python virtual environment. e.g. Installing Home Assistant Core on CentOS/RHEL

If on the other hand you really mean a virtual machine, see the same category for options:

e.g. Installing Home Assistant OS using Proxmox 8