Hass.io window not loading

Hi guys,

I’m new to HA and having a lot of fun playing around with it. But I have run into the problem that, although I have the Hass.io option in the left menu bar, the window is not loading anymore.
This happened to me incidentally and refreshing the browser window would solve it. But not anymore.
I looked around on the forum and found that this was solved for some people by adding ‘discovery:’ or ‘hassio:’ to configuration file.
However, I have done both and am still experiencing the issue. Does anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks for your help.

Hi. Noob here. Been struggling with the same problem but on a fresh install. hass.io menu doesn’t do anything on first boot up. Tried replacing a Sandisk Ultra 32GB with other vendor card but the problem persists. Can’t install any add-ones due to this problem.

I get a “Setup of config is taking over 10 seconds”
and
WARNING (MainThread)[homeassistant.setup] Setup of config is taking over 10 seconds

Pi3 B, haas.io 0.70.0
Tried multiple browsers

Greatly appreciate any help

1 Like

I have the same problem. Started tonight. v0.69.1 Everything else is working (SAMBA, SSH, other add-ons etc…)

I started getting the 10 seconds warning once my config grew apreciably. I don’t think it has anything to do with this.

I have tried the following without success:

CTRL+F5 browser cache refresh while on the Hass.io (blank) tab. I had to do this every time I visited the tab to get it to display (due to SSL problem with the cert not matching local url - I think) but tonight it makes no difference.
Added hassio: to customization.yaml
Restart.
Stop server and reboot pi.

Was just considering burning a new SD card. Your post does not fill me with confidence @Jag.

EDIT/

I have an interesting update.

I installed a fresh copy of Hassio on a band new micoSD card and without configuring anything the Hass.io tab is not visible in firefox or ms edge (both with freshly cleared caches and histories). Chrome however shows the Hass.io tab perfectly.

I then enabled the SAMBA add-on and copied across my latest snapshot and restored from it. Same result. I can see the Hassio tab in Chrome but no other browser or in the ios app.

I then went to my configuration.yaml file and changed

frontend:
  javascript_version: auto

to

frontend:
  javascript_version: latest

Restarted and… no change.

At the moment Chrome web browser is the only one that renders the hassio tab correctly.

1 Like

Hey, great! Same here. No joy with Firefox and Edge but Chrome is working fine. I suppose this is an acceptable workaround for now…

I can confirm that. Doesn’t work on Safari & Mozilla but seems to work on Chrome (Samsung Phone).Yay !! Thanks Tom_I.

I think the official blog post mentions that in 0.70 firefox is having issue with the new front end. So it probably affects other browsers. A good test to rule out cache is to also try an incognito browser. I personally had to clear cache on every device for things to work properly.

1 Like

The iOS app isn’t showing the tab either. Though I guess it uses safari.

Also I’m still on 69.1

1 Like

uninstall and reinstall the app to fix that issue

you should update as nobody supports older versions, only new versions get bug fixes.

I’m waiting for a couple of custom panels to be updated first. They are definitely broken in v70.0.

1 Like

Hi,

i do have the same issue.

How would one re-install the hassio app if I understand it correct.

I am on 0.69.1 too.

Do not know since when exactly it is no longer working as it is some days ago I used it the last time.

Regards

sorry I meant to say uninstall and reinstall the iOS app but thats only once you upgrade to 0.70

1 Like

I also cannot open the hassio tab on either of my Hassio instances.

how would one do the update now without the hassio frame ? As I am still on 0.69.1

Instal google Chrome browser.

I upgraded to 0.70.0 and uninstalled the iOS app and reinstalled it. Still cant see the Hass.io tab in the app.

1 Like

Make sure you comment on the bug linked above

No worries. Done.

Still having this issue over here on 0.70.1 What to do?

this problem is mentioned in the 0.70 update post that it’s a known problem which will be fixed soon.