HASS TP-Link Omada integration

Hi!

I am a HASS newbie and was wondering if there is an integration available with TP-Link Omada.
I can think of lots of really nice, environmental friendly, automations together with HASS.

Thanks!

6 Likes

I am very interested in this as well.

See https://github.com/zachcheatham/ha-omada

1 Like

I am currently traveling, so I will ask the question without having a chance to test it myself yet:

Does that Integration enable things like Mesh and FastRoaming?
Because thatā€™s what I need it for, for my multiple EAPs - and I am therefore now checking how to do it, ideally within HA, alternatively with that OC200 controller. But def would prefer to not having to buy additional hardware. And switching from HA OS to a HA Docker solution and installing the Omada software via Docker is seeming to cause more troubles down the line with addons and integrations in HA.

Hence the question on the functionalities of this specific HA integration.

The GitHub page doesnā€™t make any mention of the features I mentioned above.

1 Like

I canā€™t find any information how to integrate/use this integration.
Any idea where I can find that information?

+1
I keep on getting ā€œUnable to connect to service.ā€ error and there is no documentation to help setup the integration let alone troubleshoot

Any success with the integration?

The one by zachcheatham works, but right now it only has device trackers.
So not too exciting yet. Once you can switch on and off POE ports and wireless networks/clients it will be pretty nice

1 Like

I have installed this addon but I get the error below. I do not see anywhere that I can change anything other than the ports. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
WARNING: owner or group (0:0) not set correctly on ā€˜/opt/tplink/EAPController/workā€™
INFO: setting correct permissions
WARNING: owner or group (0:0) not set correctly on ā€˜/opt/tplink/EAPController/logsā€™
INFO: setting correct permissions
INFO: Starting Omada Controller as user omada
error: failed switching to ā€œomadaā€: unable to find user omada: no matching entries in passwd file
error: failed switching to ā€œomadaā€: unable to find user omada: no matching entries in passwd file

1 Like

Same behaviour on my setup

same error in my case, did you find a solution?