Hass user password

A simple and relative straightforward question; what is the password for hass if you have installed it in a virtual environment on a Raspberry Pi? Is sometimes want to install stuff (or reboot) while being logged in as user hass. I always get a pop-up with the request for a password and I don’t know of any…

There is no password for Hass user.

I think you can type 'exit" to get back to the Pi user in an SSH session.

Yeah - I think you get a password request because the current user can’t issue the command (like reboot). I rarely log in as hass - I log in as pi, then if I need to be hass, I just use:
sudo su -s /bin/bash hass

thnx, your code sudo su -s /bin/bash hass works. Can someone update the instructions?

You can do it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey, i’m using MobaXterm to ssh into my server and i’am trying to use SFTP Browser to edit files and save them again.
But it seems like the SFTP browser cannot switch user with sudo su -s /bin/bash homeassistant so i get a Permission Denied when trying to do so, so I would like to ssh directly into homeassistant, is that possible or is there any other solution?

Should i use chown to just own the files i want to edit?

Ok that works also for me, but if i want to run commands as homeassistant user i always get request of a password i don’t know…

Unfortunately, I can not perform it either.
I have 2 users homeassistant and pi. Also I can perform with pi in homeasisstant no action. I have even created a ticket myself.

How do I update my homeassistant? I always get a password query.

Many Thanks

1 Like