Hassbian: how to install components

Hi there,
perhaps this is a stupid question, so thanks in advance for not blaming me :slight_smile:

I successfully installed hassbian on my PiZero and it is working seamlessly with duckdns/let’s encrypt.

But now I want more…

In Hassio one can directly install other components through the web UI.

How can I do the same with Hassbian or Virtual Env installation?
Or, if not possible, how do I add componenets in non-hassio installations?

I am not able to find any exahustive guide.

Thanks!
Andrea

You can use hassbian-config to install components to hassbian, here is a list of available components:

appdaemon
cloud9
duckdns
homebridge
hue
libcec
mariadb
mosquitto
mssql
mysql
postgresql
python
razberry
samba
tradfri
webterminal

The files are located in /opt/hassbian/suites.

to install a suite, from the command line on your pi, for example samba, type:

sudo hassbian-config install samba

Yes, thanks for the answer.
I am aware of the installable packages through hassbian-config (even if some of them are not installable on PiZero): I used it to install duckdns, for instance.

Say that I would like to install something not listed (eg: ialarm, easy to find on the search page of HA components). How do I perform this operation?

Thanks!

I’m not understanding when you say you want to “install” a component.

Do you mean you want to configure it to be used in HA?

If that’s the case then, using your example, did you click on the box that pops up in the search results of the components for “ialarm”?

If you did then you should see there what you need to put in your configuration.yaml file to enable that component.

If it’s something else you want then please clarify.

If you mean these components then you don’t install anything to use them (unless the component page says you need to). All you need to do is as @finity said, add the relevant lines to your configuration.

Now I got it, you’ve been very clear and helpful.
Thanks a lot, guys!