HASSbian Image: No discovery / error messages

Hi,

I just downloaded and installed the new HASSbian image (2017-04-29-Hassbian.img) on a blank SD Card and a brand new Raspberry Pi 3.
After the installation I opened http://hassbian:8123 and saw the starting page with “Sun” and “yr Symbol”.
So far so good.

In the default “configuration.yaml” the automatic discovery is enabled, but I do not see my Sonos speakers or the Philips Hue Bridge???

Under “Developer tools” => “Info” I see a lot of error messages:

17-05-01 18:27:27 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of sensor is taking over 10 seconds.
17-05-01 18:27:56 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of tts is taking over 10 seconds.
17-05-01 18:28:27 WARNING (Thread-7) [netdisco.philips_hue_nupnp] Could not query server http://192.168.178.21/description.xml: HTTPConnectionPool(host=‘192.168.178.21’, port=80): Max retries exceeded with url: /description.xml (Caused by NewConnectionError(’<requests.packages.urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0x68159d90>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 111] Connection refused’,))
17-05-01 18:28:31 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 233, in _step
result = coro.throw(exc)
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/discovery.py”, line 117, in scan_devices
None, _discover, netdisco)
File “/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/futures.py”, line 388, in iter
yield self # This tells Task to wait for completion.
File “/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 286, in _wakeup
value = future.result()
File “/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/futures.py”, line 277, in result
raise self._exception
File “/usr/lib/python3.4/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 54, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/discovery.py”, line 143, in _discover
netdisco.scan()
File “/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/deps/netdisco/discovery.py”, line 75, in scan
self.phue.scan()
File “/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/deps/netdisco/philips_hue_nupnp.py”, line 55, in scan
entry = self.fetch_description(bridge)
File “/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/deps/netdisco/philips_hue_nupnp.py”, line 69, in fetch_description
return PHueBridge(url, response.text)
File “/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/deps/netdisco/philips_hue_nupnp.py”, line 28, in init
tree = ElementTree.fromstring(description_xml)
File “/usr/lib/python3.4/xml/etree/ElementTree.py”, line 1325, in XML
parser.feed(text)
File “”, line None
xml.etree.ElementTree.ParseError: mismatched tag: line 12, column 2

By the way, the mentioned IP-Adress 192.168.178.21 in the error log is no Hue Device.
It is another Raspberry Pi which I use for logging my solar plant.

Any ideas for no auto discovery and the error messages?

Try reinstalling again if possible.
The error in question was by happenstance a problem with the discovery component at the time you did your install.