Hassbian Pi 404 not found but SSH works

Hey! Super new to the community but I looked through a few threads and this seems like a unique issue. I rebooted the pi and I started getting 404 errors when I tried to access the webUI. SSH in and then I do this.

sudo -u homeassistant -H -s
source /srv/homeassistant/bin/activate
hass

2019-09-19 05:00:08 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.http] Failed to create HTTP server at port 8123: [Errno 98] error while attempting to bind on address (‘0.0.0.0’, 8123): address already in use

I’m… confused. I’m pretty new to all this so any help is appreciated.

The error is saying it’s already running. Maybe you’re impatient for the web Yi to come up?

Check your log file. What does it say? If it’s already running, you likely have an error in your configuration.

i did a --check_config and it passed no problem. Logs are only posting errors involving my chromecast and google homes. Same error is popping up. This happened when I did a systemctl restart.

I think I may have been impatient and did a manual start when the webgui wasn’t starting up. So 15 minutes (yeah I realized now that wasn’t enough time) in I decided to run

hass

and I accidentally was in the wrong terminal and cancelled the procedure. Now it’s been stuck on 404 for an hour+

I think that you may be running into this:

??

I just installed from the hassbian image and am seeing this exact failure.

Can someone in-the-know confirm that the current “consumer” image has this issue?

Yes, I have the same problem when using a new hassbian image. I needed to manually run “pip install home-assistant-frontend”.

I have just run into the same situation. Image downloaded and procedure followed as from manual.
Have then run the pip install command, but did not help.
I have also rebooted and waited for some time, but the 404 error is still there.
Any hint?

Did you install it from the python virtualenv?
pip install home-assistant-frontend

This worked for me

Many thanks Stefan. That was the issue!