HASSIO 0.55 problems input_sliders stopped working no logger no history no recorder

Change service_template: in the action to just service:

Funny thing another light in the house just one of all the automated lights is working as it should while the others are dead, I can see the trigger happening, but no action, this is fun.

Jer I go and start scratching my head, I think it is the ghost in the machine.

Thanks but I take up to much time and space her for a minor problem.

But again Jer thanks it workedā€¦ But donā€™t ask me why it worked for 10 previous versions and now with hassio 0.55 I got problems with it. remains strange.

Please, Please, Please,
Add the breaking changes to the components list for the version. The way I check for whatā€™s in a change is to go to the components list, select the latest version, and look at the components impacted. It would be really nice if there was a standard ā€œbreaking changesā€ component that listed any breaking changes associated with that release. Iā€™ve been fighting this for 2 hours.

1 Like

Also having problems with this change. Iā€™ve switched input_slider to input_number, rebooted, and now my sliders just appear as a label/box type icon with 254 next to it. No slider goodness :frowning:

picpic

The configuration variable ā€˜modeā€™ says it defaults to slider. Is it defaulting to ā€˜boxā€™? I really have no idea what the difference is. No pictures on the documentation so itā€™s impossible to know what it looks like.

Configuration is like so (which is identical to some of the examples from what I can tell):

input_number:
  bedroom_brightness:
    name: 'Bedroom Brightness'
    initial: 254
    min: 0
    max: 254
    step: 1 

and

- alias: 'Bedroom Light - Adjust Brightness'
  id: '1502048744521'
  trigger:
  - entity_id: input_number.bedroom_brightness