Hassio API Error

dosn’t run so smooth. I miss the possibilities to use docker ps.

hassio isn’t working sometimes.

core_ssh:/config# hassio host reboot
API error:

I just tried to hassio homeassistant restart and go the same error. Have restarted many times with no problems. I wonder what changed?

Some error, hassio .50.2 here

Restart the ssh addon. There is a bug with new options after restart it use the old value. I fix it in next release

1 Like

I did and while I also get the supervisor option in the CLI, they still don’t work. Also opened this issue, although I don’t know if it’s related somehow: https://github.com/home-assistant/hassio/issues/147

I’m having the same problem for a while already. Currently I’m on 0.52.1.
The web interface works good but every hassio command inside ssh hangs on for a minute and then returns the API error. In the start only a few commands didn’t work but now I can’t even use the hassio host reboot or shutdown.

Running HASSIO 0.52.1 on Pi 3.
Exact same issue here with the API Error, after booting if I’m lucky I can call the restart ha service a few times but most of the time it breaks very quickly.
Everytime I change something to my config I have to unplug my Pi because the Server Management features are badly broken please help!

I just tried with completely fresh install of hassio.

At first everything worked fine, until I tried to call hassio host shutdown it returned Success host/shutdown but nothing happened. After that I tried to call the same command again and it returned API error: and now every command returns the same.

This is on completely fresh install of hassio 0.52.1, I didn’t change anything except installing ssh add-on and trying this out.

1 Like

This issue has now been resolved for me. Unfortunately I don’t know how it was resolved as I didn’t do anything actively to fix it. Guessing a software fix was done. :slight_smile:

I updated my installation to Hassio 0.53.1 but still having the same API error. SSH fails for all host and homeassistant commands, any help appreciated. Error message is “API error:” Problem is only on PI 3 version of Hassio and no problem with PI Zero.

1 Like

Does anyone have answer for this problem? I updated my installation to Hassio 0.55 but still having the same API error. SSH still fails for all host and homeassistant commands, any help appreciated. Error message is “API error:” Problem is only on PI 3 version of Hassio and there is no problem with PI Zero.

I’m on .57 and have been having this problem for a few months. Pi3 with Hassio…

My problem disappeared with subsequent updates and still running 0.56.2 Hassio.

Same thing here 0.57.3

I am also having this problem. I made a change in my configuration.yaml, which crashed hassio when I have restarted it. Tried to restart or reboot from putty and get the Api error.

Will be forced to reboot by pulling the plug. Lets hope it comes back ok!

Can any one help me, please.

2018-03-27 10:17:33 WARNING (SyncWorker_19) [homeassistant.components.emulated_hue] When targeting Google Home, listening port has to be port 80
2018-03-27 10:18:12 WARNING (ThreadPoolExecutor-1_0) [pycec] Not initialized. Waiting for init.
2018-03-27 10:18:13 WARNING (ThreadPoolExecutor-1_0) [pycec] Not initialized. Waiting for init.
2018-03-27 10:18:17 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Timer got out of sync. Resetting
2018-03-27 10:18:20 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/tasks.py", line 180, in _step
    result = coro.send(None)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 252, in _async_add_entity
    msg)
homeassistant.exceptions.HomeAssistantError: Entity id already exists: switch.hdmi_0
2018-03-27 10:18:20 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/tasks.py", line 180, in _step
    result = coro.send(None)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 252, in _async_add_entity
    msg)
homeassistant.exceptions.HomeAssistantError: Entity id already exists: switch.hdmi_5
2018-03-27 11:42:27 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.hassio] starting version 3.2.4
Testing configuration at /config
2018-03-27 11:42:24 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.bootstrap] Unable to setup error log /config/home-assistant.log (access denied)
Fatal error while loading config: maximum recursion depth exceeded while calling a Python object
Failed config
  General Errors: 
    - maximum recursion depth exceeded while calling a Python object
Successful config (partial)

2018-03-27 11:54:48 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.hassio] /homeassistant/check return code 500.
2018-03-27 11:54:48 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.hassio] Hass.io config check API error

same issue here. any update about this?

1 Like

I am getting the same issue with the HASS pi image on my 3B+. Restart never works correctly. Is there a fix?