HASSIO Change Hostname - 0.73.1 / Resin OS 2.3.0+rev1

Hi Guys and Gal!

I noticed the HASSIO 0.73.1 System option now comes with “Change Hostname” function.
I tried changing mine, went through the steps but failed to get the change.

I checked the System Log and got this:

18-07-15 23:34:57 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.host.control] Set Hostname MYNEWHOSTNAME
 18-07-15 23:34:57 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.utils.gdbus] Call org.freedesktop.hostname1.SetStaticHostname on /org/freedesktop/hostname1
 18-07-15 23:34:58 ERROR (MainThread) [hassio.utils.gdbus] DBus return error: b'Error: GDBus.Error:System.Error.EROFS: Failed to set static hostname: Read-only file system\n'

The last line indicates it is a read only file, any idea what step did i miss to do? Is there an extra action needed prior to executing the change hostname step?

Cheers
Erick

Hi,

Same issue here… any ideas?

Thanks

I did a reinstall of HASSIO and it worked after that…

nope, reboot no good, even after upgrade… still get

18-09-07 21:55:53 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.host.control] Set Hostname rpi32
18-09-07 21:55:53 INFO (MainThread) [hassio.utils.gdbus] Call org.freedesktop.hostname1.SetStaticHostname on /org/freedesktop/hostname1
18-09-07 21:55:53 ERROR (MainThread) [hassio.utils.gdbus] DBus return error: b'Error: GDBus.Error:System.Error.EROFS: Failed to set static hostname: Read-only file system\n'

articulating what i meant by reinstalling so we are aligned

I downloaded hassio again,

then did the normal course (installed it on my ssd card, plugged it in to my rpi3+) and let it rebuild from scratch.
then it worked for me…