Hassio containers? / How do version numbers work?

I totally get it. I just donā€™t see how anyone can argue the fact that the concept of a container is for something to be IN itā€¦ Seems extremely simple to me!

1 Like

Yes. I feel bad that I contributedā€¦ but hey, stuff goes in things :wink: :joy:

Once they have been put in a container, they are inside it.

Yes. If you read my previous post, youā€™d find I already covered that part. :slight_smile:

Hahahaā€¦ itā€™s just the crucifiction that takes place if you use the ā€˜wrongā€™ term.

images (2)

1 Like

Wasnā€™t he a cop in a wheel chair ?
Or was he ā€˜onā€™ a wheel chair ?

What is ā€˜HCā€™ on this diagram?

Given context and location Iā€™d assume it was any hardware requiring direct access to the host OS
(Or is that going to start another flame war ?)

host control.
https://developers.home-assistant.io/docs/en/architecture_hassio.html#host-control-hc

1 Like

Marius, is this correct ? The whole thread is predicated on HassOS 3.0 having just been released ?

With some trepidation I followed Tomā€™s link
(I had to download the discord app and register and confirm my email)
It seems to just lead to a single post cogneto thread with the picture he posted above (for anyone that is curious)

yes, and I can even updateā€¦

my other 2 systems are on 3.7!

I never can find the webpage where these releases are listed, would you have a link?
forget that last sentence. finally found itā€¦ bookmarked :wink:

still doesnt really list the changes as the regular Hassio release pages do.

compare the top of this thread:

with the changes in the release list:

are we even talking about the same thing here ?? Surely HassOS = HassOSā€¦
or was that discussed above too :wink:

Yep, I see that you are not making this up. But now (if possible) Iā€™m more confused than I was before :crazy_face:

Unless youā€™ve installed HassOS on a refrigerator. Then we need to call it HassOSRS

1 Like

As The Mandalorian says, This is the way.

I want hassos on my sinclair spectrum 48k (assuming I can find the drawer it is in). Where can I download the cassette tape with the binary?

Donā€™t tell me I cannot download a cassette tape, I am sick of being oppressed.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve had HA running on my Atari 2600 since 1978 and never had to reboot it, so you should be fine.

3 Likes

No you canā€™t get it on tape anymore (didnā€™t you see Guardians of the Galaxy 2 ?) though Microsoft Zunes are kinda in short supply too.
But you can get images of the source code as it was recorded on punch cards (the actual punch cards got recycled in a new yearā€™s day pogrom on things to be ecofriendlyised (real word honest ! Or at least it will be once someone mentions it to Trump)
You then need to print out the images and use a special tiny pair of scissors (available from www.sendmeallyourmoney.ru) to cut out the cards.
But the as punch card readers are even harder to come by you could try to load the 5 1/4 floppies - only 67 disks per operating system install (youā€™re screwed if after 3 hours loading and you are upto disk 58 and find itā€™s corrupted - this is probably due to the intern who labelled the disks putting the labels on the disks and then feeding the floppy into the typewriter to identify them)
You could use the 8086 emulation in Minecraft to run your HA but you have to use tty entry from Mordor.domain and it has to be entered by a paladin (called Brian) accompanied by a halfling thief (called Clamidia) using a French keyboard character mapped to Cyrillic.
Easy !

1 Like

I have installed it on AbacusOS and itā€™s running on 4 sphere VM containers as you can see. Itā€™s running since 1600 anno domini really smooth.

2 Likes