Hassio doesnt start with last update!

Hi! I just updated to the version published today:

And the rasp isnt booting :frowning:

I can see it is connected to the router, however I have no access through ssh, or samba or website…

What could I do to recover it?

Cheers!
David.

1 Like

Just updated and can’t access my VM either.

I managed to access with a keyboard and connecting the rasp to the screen.

It asked me for login, I typed “root” and then “core starts”.

I did 3 cold boots, then it came back to life.

Wasn’t working for me either after updating it just hung up same as you, no access but visible to router. Came here after and read davisdmg comment and was able to access the interface but core wouldn’t restart. I had to rebuild core using command [ha core rebuild] and then i was able to restart and I had access again.

My setup appeared to not start either. I run a VirtualBox virtual machine and the VM would (appear to) hang at a login screen after Docker started up - a screen I’ve never had to deal with as previously it auto filled in (hassio user?) and HA would boot within about 3 minutes or so. Now, after waiting about 20 minutes the CPU usage in my VM dropped down and refreshing my browser and iPhone app finally showed my dashboard. My VM still only shows the login screen.

Same here. Rebooted twice and was OK in the end.

It took long time to boot up after reboot.
try to run ping your ip -t
And when it start pinging soon you should able to access.

Also had a problem after updating OS. After connecting a screen I noticed that my Raspberry got into a bootloop and could not start.

Luckily I created a backup just before updating, so I flashed my SD card (with the new version). But still my Pi got into a bootloop. After removing my USB devices (A ConBee II and a RFLink Gateway) the Pi booted…

So after restoring my back-up, everything worked again. Then I started testing, and it turns out that my Raspberry Pi doesn’t boot when I have my RFLink Gateway connected :frowning:

Plus one, just started from scratch because i got blinded by the last reliability​:see_no_evil::hugs: plans for the future backup more​:joy::joy:

These type of message make me reluctant :-(… Is it safe to update?

A friend of mine happened the same. Same hardware than me (rasp 4 4gb).

If you have a keyboard you can fix it easily.

Boot Rpi4 SSD HassOS 5.8 and HA 2020.12.0 works very well. I updated, tried restarting and all good. Everything works as before the update.

Home assistant releases what it considers to be its 1.0 (stable) release … update breaks VM.

Recreate new VM, go to load snapshot backup from Gdrive … gdrive goes down :man_facepalming:t3:

1 Like

Didn’t have any luck with this. I do not run VM or Docker. Just having Hassio OS installed about 2 years and now not having access by network.
Commands like ha gives Error. No such container :hassio_cli
Any thoughts?

My Odroid C2 got bricked too after the update :frowning:

When I login with root I get the warning
Home Assistant CLI is not running! Jump into emergency console

I can not boot from SSD anymore. So I swapped my hole setup back to an SD card. What a pity

ha core start or core start

pi 4 + ssd.
After upgrading os from 5.2 to 5.8 the pi doesnt boot from ssd anymore.
I dont have a compatible hdmi cable so dont know whats going on…

whats the best way to restore a backup? fresh install 5.8 or 5.2 and restoring backup or…?

1 Like