Hassio doesnt start with last update!

Same here with a Rpi 3B+ and SSD.

I noticed that the system hangs on the startup, after accessing my CC3521 ZigBee stick. I see the light flash and after the that the system hangs. Doesn’t even respond to pings.
When I pull out the Zigbee stick and leave the z-wave stick in the pi, it continues the boot.

Edit: when I put the Zigbee stick back in and reboot, the system hangs. When I pull the power plug and try to reboot again with the stick in, it boots. So, not sure what is happening and why it hangs on the first boot.

In other thread someone found out that OS update also burned in other version of Pi firmware. Probably somehow broken/not working correctly with some devices plugged-in usb ports

If it’s true, devs caused silent Pi firmware update, and now they stay silent provides no help

Possible solution is to overwite the firmwaee again with valid one, then unplug and plug again devices. see link below for more info: Installing Home Assistant on a RPi 4b 8GB with SSD boot

1 Like

@maxym Thanks. I will look into it.

This about a Pi4. I use a Pi3. Although I seem to have the same kind of issue, the solution is not working for me. I can’t seem to fine the Pi3 EEPROM.

The earlier post stating that SSD boot isn’t and won’t be supported convinced me to buy the odroid n2+ package being promoted on the HA website.

Hopefully the upgrade from a Pi3 will allow me to run a few more add-ons without running out of RAM.

We are many people to have the same error : Can't install homeassistant:2020.12.0

It seems there is a 5.9 version, giving it a try

1 Like

I got my Raspberry Pi 4 (2GB) installation (using SD card) working again by using a different card to flash the latest boot EEPROM (https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/hardware/raspberrypi/booteeprom.md). I then put my HA card back in and the system is up and running for the first time since I attempted the 5.8 update. Hope that helps some others too!

Does anybody have luck with 5.9?

5.9 is slightly better but still crashes every hour or so :frowning:

My 5.9 ssd boot Rpi4 have been up now more than 12 hours… Fingers crossed…

5.9 seem to be stable for me as 5.8 was totally useless due to random crashes. 5.9 have been up now couple of days, and I even managed to reboot it succesfully today.

5.9 seems stable for me too. RPi 3 with SD card.

Just like with the update to 5.8, the whole system just doesn’t start up anymore. No SSL connection, nothing. Odroid C2 with eMMC card. The only way to get it up and running again, is a fresh install based on HassOS 5.7. :frowning_face:

after running for several days, I’ve noticiced that 5.9 crashes when InfluxDB plugin is running.

This keeps happening even with the 5.9.

Once you restart the rasp + SD card, it wont boot, you need to connect the keyboard, type “root” and then “core start”.

This has nothing to be with the SSD as I am not using it.

Has been solved with 5.10 for me. I have an Odroid C2 and two issues for that particular setup have been solved in 5.10…

Same here, issue is resolved with 5.10. Hope to never experience something like this again. This bug took down my entire smart home for multiple hours and it took quite some time to restore.

I’ve upgraded my OS and experienced the same thing. I can’t reach my Pi3 (SD card setup) anymore (no Putty, no Home Assistant, no ping through the cmd interface).
What can I do? I’ve restarted my Pi multiple times with no luck. I don’t know which OS I had and which I updated to (obviously the latest there is). I think I updated from 5.10 I think, but don’t know exactly. I’ve done a backup right before it, but it’s so annoying and I would like to find a way to get this sorted. What can I do?

My system still does not work. I’ve done a backup right before upgrading.
What do I do here? Do I just reformat the SD card with “I don’t know what I did three years ago” or is there a proper way to do it?
I was thinking of using an old laptop and running it that way anyways. I might just do that. In any case, this effed me so hard. I don’t really have the time to fix this.