Hassio how to update pip?

I am seeing this warning when running the Check Home Assistant configuration 2.2 add for Hassio.

WARNING: You are using pip version 19.1.1, however version 19.2.3 is available.
You should consider upgrading via the 'pip install --upgrade pip' command.

When i went to the console using VScode i see this error when running this command

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/pip", line 6, in <module>
    from pip._internal import main
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/pip/_internal/__init__.py", line 40, in <module>
    from pip._internal.cli.autocompletion import autocomplete
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/pip/_internal/cli/autocompletion.py", line 8, in <module>
    from pip._internal.cli.main_parser import create_main_parser
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/pip/_internal/cli/main_parser.py", line 7, in <module>
    from pip._internal.cli import cmdoptions
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/pip/_internal/cli/cmdoptions.py", line 15, in <module>
    from distutils.util import strtobool
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'distutils.util'

How do i update pip?

You don’t update stuff in a docker container. You wait for the developers to update it if it’s even necessary. Just because you see that an update is available doesn’t mean it’s required.

1 Like

I did a full rebuild after a crash and install HA in Docker. Also get this error. Maybe we don’t care abut it. PIP is just for install things… :wink:

Ya but if you don’t update pip it prevent from installing dev package to test. I’m using custom deps deployment add-on to test new release before they are pushed to HA. But each time I try to install new release it stop at the pip version check. So we need to be able to update pip