Hassio installation on Raspbian (raspberry pi 2)

Hi All,

I’m trying to install hassio using the "Alternative: install Home Assistant Supervised on a generic Linux host, https://www.home-assistant.io/hassio/installation/ " on a raspberry pi 2 but so far I’ve been unable to reach the hassio landing page (in my case 192.168.2.30:8123).

The pi OS is a fresh Raspbian lite install.

As far as my installation goes I’ve follow these steps:

“sudo add-apt-repository universe” which failed but as I’m running Raspbian and not Ubuntu I figured that might be alright.

I was able to successfully run the following:
sudo -i
apt-get update
apt-get install -y software-properties-common apparmor-utils apt-transport-https avahi-daemon ca-certificates curl dbus jq network-manager socat
systemctl disable ModemManager
systemctl stop ModemManager
curl -fsSL get.docker.com | sh

curl -sL “https://raw.githubusercontent.com/home-assistant/supervised-installer/master/installer.sh” | bash -s – -m raspberrypi2

“journalctl -f -u hassio-supervisor.service” stops at “(MainThread) [supervisor.host.sound] Update PulseAudio information” which doesn’t tell me anything.

I’m not sure what what I can try next, any ideas?

Please read these notes before continuing on your Pi2.

I understand that the raspberry pi 2 should only be used for testing and is not recommended and I’m not expecting great performance. I would expect Hassio to at least run though.

I already installed Home Assistant which was running fine but I don’t feel like manually managing addons if you can let Hassio do it for you.

I’m hoping to get some tips to get Hassio to work on the pi 2 but if that’s not possible due to performance constraints then I guess I’ll have to upgrade.

My test-HA (Home Assistant Supervised, before known as Hassio on generic linux) runs on a Raspberry Pi 1. Ok, checking config and restart takes a little bit long, but for the rest it works OK. So a Pi 2 should be fine.

Here’s a funny story, I was utterly convinced I had pi 2 which actually turns out to be a pi 1.
I installed the correct version and everything works like a charm.

I feel like such an idiot.

1 Like

Can happen. :slight_smile:

I have Home Assistant on my Raspberry Pi 2 and it goes pretty awesome.
I Have all my house under control with my RP2, i have to sonoff device, HomeKit, the only thing that dont work 100% well is Spotify, is a little slow.

Beside that it run really well, almost 5 months with it.

Host Operating System Home Assistant OS 5.10
Update Channel stable
Supervisor Version 2021.01.7
Docker Version 19.03.13
Disk Total 57.8 GB
Disk Used 3.4 GB
Healthy true
Supported true
Board rpi2
Supervisor API ok
Version API ok

English: Carlos in your PI2 installation can you use the supervisor menu? I’m not getting here.

Português: Carlos na sua instalação do PI2 você consegue utilizar o menu supervisor? aqui não estou conseguindo

If you don’t have a supervisor menu then you didn’t install supervised but instead installed core which does not include the supervisor.

I think you may be right… :slight_smile:

My configs, could you help me to identify the condition you mentioned?

System Health

version: core-2021.2.3
installation_type: Home Assistant OS
dev: false
hassio: true
docker: true
virtualenv: false
python_version: 3.8.7
os_name: Linux
os_version: 5.4.83-v7
arch: armv7l
timezone: America/Sao_Paulo

logged_in: false
can_reach_cert_server: ok
can_reach_cloud_auth: ok
can_reach_cloud: ok

host_os: Home Assistant OS 5.11
update_channel: stable
supervisor_version: supervisor-2021.02.9
docker_version: 19.03.13
disk_total: 6.6 GB
disk_used: 3.3 GB
healthy: true
supported: true
board: rpi2
supervisor_api: ok
version_api: ok
installed_addons:

dashboards: 1
resources: 0
mode: auto-gen

You definitely should have supervisor with that install.

Too bad that when trying to access it the browser returns no response

Have you done an empty cache/hard reload? Press F12 and right click on refresh icon and select that option.
You DO have a supervisor menu…
Have you tried a different browser?

Yea I have it.

What is download link for hassio image for Raspberry Pi 1?

PI1: https://github.com/home-assistant/operating-system/releases/download/6.6/haos_rpi-6.6.img.xz