Hassio.io 10 second warnings

Also getting these.

Got

Fri Apr 20 2018 16:05:24 GMT+0300 (RTZ 2 (зима))

Setup of config is taking over 10 seconds.

Home Assistant 0.67.1

I’ve been getting this for a while too.

Also my Pi takes well over a minute to restart, more like 90 seconds. Is this normal? I’m ok if it is normal but just thought I should check as others have mentioned a slow restart.

Also seeing these on 0.68.1. Have had them forever it would seem.

Also here, same issue since I migrated from a Linux VM running on Windows 10 (without a glitch) to a Rpi3 with Hass.io. Also, installing Node Red broke the installation, getting constant reboots.

Also always getting this setup warning. I think the default of 10 seconds is much to low for RPI3
Regards
Lukas

Same issue here - just started to show this on a restart and every platform throws stuff like the second line.

[homeassistant.setup] Setup of config is taking over 10 seconds.
Updating hue sensor took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:00.100000

Rpi3 - latest hassio and ha (107/0.71) - a few add-ons installed (IDE / SSH / Configurator / Node-Red) - Sandisk Ultra SSD - Database recently blown away so only a 300MB.

Everything seems to work okay…

Hassbian with HA v0.70 here.

I am getting:

Log Details (WARNING)
Update of media_player.sony_bravia_tv is taking over 10 seconds

and:

Log Details (ERROR)
JSON request error:{
“id”: 1,
“error”: [
“not power-on”
]
}

Hass.io 0.71.0 on Raspberry PI and I’m getting…

Update of sensor.efergy_xxxxxx is taking over 10 seconds

Have these errors too. Hass.io always latest version.
Had them before too on hassbian.
Both on Rpi3.
I just ignore them. Everything works, so stopped bothering.

I also have the same with HassOS 1.7 on RPi 3B+ 64 Bit with quite a few addons installed and activated (Samba Share, SSH Server, MariaDB, NGINX, etc.). I have a fast SD card.

What I mentioned is, that if more configuration is added, there are more such messages. Since yesterday I also get the 10 seconds warning on configuration. I use home assistant for more than 4 month now and I had no other problems with that. I think it is just normal because of the slowness of the Raspberry Pi as hardware host.

Maybe the developers can adjust those warnings or the timeout for Raspberry Pi platform, so that it will match the performance of it… :slight_smile:

I’m also getting non-stop warnings.
But it’s more than just filling up my logs. After a couple hours of running, my installation no longer works. The dashboard will not come up and in many cases, the page does not respond at all.

I’m new to HA, but I’m a software engineer so I’ve been probing around.

My setup is slightly different than many; I’m running HA in a container on a pi 3B.
I know that’s basically what HASS.IO does, so I cant imagine this would be the source of things (although who knows at this point).

I’ve been looking through the logs and I cant find any one ERROR or event which kicks off the situation.

While I have not yet done this, I’m pretty close to setting up a chron job to restart the container every 2 hours

I do not know about docker, but I had some performance issues at the beginning of my HASS adventure.
My solution started with looking at the performance of my Pi3.
What is your RAM and is your CPU doing in those 2 hours?
(I eventually found a memory leak and home-assistant_v2.db was way too big 1 GB a day)

I use:

#system monitor
 - platform: systemmonitor
   resources:
     - type: disk_free
       arg: /
     - type: memory_use_percent
     - type: memory_free
     - type: swap_use_percent
     - type: processor_use

- platform: command_line
   name: CPU Temperature
   command: "cat /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp"
   unit_of_measurement: "°C"
   value_template: '{{ value | multiply(0.001) | round(1) }}'

- platform: command_line
   name: db_file_size
   command: "du -m /config/home-assistant_v2.db | cut -f1"
   unit_of_measurement: 'MB'
   value_template: '{{ value | int - 1 }}'
2 Likes

Same warnings for me on a RPi3 with hass.io :frowning:

Any news regarding this issue. I get this warning for each and every component at each system restart using a raspberry pi 3 b. Do you think a 3b+ could help out because of its better network card?

I’ve just started getting these for one Waze sensor. Odd because I have two different Waze sensors, one for commute to work and one for the commute home, and only one is erroring.

This isn’t limited to the RP, I also get them in docker. The sensors are smartthings sensors so it’s possible that they’re going all the way to the smartthings portal for status. The dot is an amazon dot, which again is amazon.com portal. I REALLY wish it would say took XX which is over 10 second limit. And that you could adjust the timeout.

2019-02-10 20:26:37 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Update of switch.modem is taking over 10 seconds
2019-02-10 20:41:05 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Update of sensor.hyf1re is taking over 10 seconds
2019-02-10 22:49:16 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Update of sensor.frenck is taking over 10 seconds
2019-02-10 23:36:53 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Update of switch.lr_light is taking over 10 seconds
2019-02-10 23:47:59 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Update of sensor.littlewhitemouse is taking over 10 seconds
2019-02-11 02:07:47 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Update of switch.office_charger is taking over 10 seconds
2019-02-11 02:29:59 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Update of switch.kitchen_light2 is taking over 10 seconds
2019-02-11 02:31:43 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Update of sensor.frenck is taking over 10 seconds
2019-02-11 03:07:33 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Update of media_player.aram_office_dot is taking over 10 seconds
2019-02-11 03:27:40 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Update of switch.office_charger is taking over 10 seconds
2019-02-11 04:34:04 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Update of switch.office_charger is taking over 10 seconds
2019-02-11 05:00:20 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Update of switch.kitchen_light2 is taking over 10 seconds
2019-02-11 07:10:29 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Update of sensor.littlewhitemouse is taking over 10 seconds
2019-02-11 07:26:04 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Update of switch.modem is taking over 10 seconds

I have this warning with SQL sensor too, PI 3 B+ Sandisk Ultra SD card, the database is MarialDB

Pretty much the same thing with Maria DB, Load (5m) is 0.65, got plenty of hd space and memory usage at 63%. Is there anyway to troubleshoot what’s causing this? Also does anyone know how to flush MariaDB? Mine is set to delete every 2 days maybe thats the culprit?

Is anyone using a mesh network? I was getting hundreds of timeouts, both at start up, and throughout the day. I realized it was because my RPI3 was connected to one of the extenders on my mesh network, and not the main router. Once I moved the RPI3 to my main router, all my timeouts went away.

I just posted this on the forum.
https://community.home-assistant.io/t/hass-io-timeout-issues-using-mesh-network/150585