HassIO Keeps Going Offline

I’m still having the same issues of randomly disconnections. Only possibility to get it back is by reconnecting the power to the Pi.

I’m running Hassio on an Raspberry Pi3, never used WIFI and always had it connected via LAN. I even forwarded a “static IP” to this PI via it’s MAC adres on the router since the beginning (as all my devices within my network). But the Pi or Hassio keeps freezing randomly. Guess it won’t hold up for 2 days without freezing.

Can’t figure out how to solve this.

Don’t know if it helps for you. But the easiest way to set a “static IP” adres, is to forward a static IP to the MAC adress of your PI within the DHCP section of your router.
It’s slightly diffrent within every router, so better look in the manual for this part, really peace of cake once you found this “DHCP section” :slight_smile:

Likely something is causing all the RAM to be used up.

Will try to monitor it, thanks!

Not sure if this is the right place to post - but my swap usage badge shows my swap use at 100%. Nothing is slow or going wrong, though. How do I best identify what process is consuming all the swap space? Thank you!

htop or top on a normal linux install will show what you’re looking for.
If you’re running HassOS not sure.

Hmmm…I’m now having to restart the host every few days when my swap usage starts to get above 90%!

You have something loaded sucking up your RAM, are you using tenserflow?

Nope, I’m not. I’m using Zigbee2Mqtt, the House Alarm component, NEST, some REST sensors, Dark Sky…few other bits and pieces but nothing major.

Are you using HassIO on a Pi?

Yep. It can be fine for days and then something happens and it starts to inexorably climb - and once it’s started climbing (and it jumps up in stages) it doesn’t even go back down again without me doing a host restart.

You may need to switch to something more meaty to handle your situation.

getting something with more memory will just prolong the memory leak, and then you will still need to find the root cause. You could look at trying to disable one component class at a time to see if you can isolate the problem.

If you’re up to it try disabling the House Alarm component first.
I highly doubt the Nest and REST sensors are problems as well as Dark Sky.

If the alarm one being disabled doesn’t help, try the Zigbee2Mqtt, also the issue could be an HassIO addon, do you have any of those loaded as well?

The addons I have are:

Configurator
Dropbox Sync
Duck DNS
Log Viewer
Mosquitto Broker
SSH Server
Samba Share
Unifi Controller (wouldn’t be surprised if this wasn’t a potential cause…)
Zigbee2Mqtt

Try disabling/turning off Unifi Controller then see how the ram usage is sitting.

Thanks - will do - I have a feeling if I do that my WiFi will go down, but we’ll see! I wonder if I can run the Unifi controller on a pi zero…I have one of those spare…