Hassio & Kodi same Pi = troubles, problems, time waster

Followed the instructions and was happy (a bit too soon): instructions

I use a VPN (a must when you use IPTV). But that will bring me problem number 1:
Cannot acces my Pi anymore from outside my network. No access to lovelace, nothing.
I understand why, but cannot find out how to fix this and why the creator of the instructions did not mention this or have seen this problem.
Can it be fixed within settings of the Pi?
I have done this to make VPN work in my Kodi:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install openvpn
sudo apt-get install psmisc

Maybe i can edit something to avoid Hassio been VPN’ed?

FIX: Shutdown Kodi!!! when Kodi has been closed/shutdown i can access my Pi/Lovelace again from outside my own network.

Next problem is i have no access to shell command line switches in Hassio/NodeRed. I think that is because the authentication keys a have added shown in the instructions. I think i will need to add keys somewhere. Wasted already 3 hours searching for a solution. :frowning:

3rd problem: I see i need Kodi 19 to enable CatchUp for IPTV… Rasbian still don’t have a version 19! So, finished a nice installation with stuff that is old and outdated :grimacing:

Don;t be that negative! I am sure there are others with the same problem, maybe we can cry together? :wink:

Surely, you have done more that.
This only install the VPN software. It doesn’t configure it.

that is done within Kodi with the OpenVPN addon. There is no option to edit what i need (exclude Hassio from VPN)

Ideally you should post your question in the same thread where the instructions are posted. That way related issues are centralized and the author (Oligarch) is notified of new posts in their topic.

The topic’s author used outdated terminology. The term “hassio” was replaced by “Home Assistant OS” a long time ago. In addition, the installation instructions are for “Home Assistant Supervised” which is like Home Assistant OS (a.k.a. hassio) but without an included operating system.

Effectively, you have not installed “hassio” but Home Assistant Supervised and on Raspberry OS which is not an officially supported operating system. Only Debian is officially supported by the development team (and not derivatives of Debian like Ubuntu, Raspberry OS, etc). For more information, refer to ADR-0014.

tl;dr
Contact the author of the unofficial installation instructions.