Hassio lost config?

have had hassio running on a pi for a while… one morning noticed the lights didn’t come on. When i log in weather is unavailable. My automations are showing, backups are there, but can’t do anything else… nor can i ssh in any longer and it is enabled…
raspberry pi 3 install. Reboot does not fix.

Curious on if someone has had this happen and what the fix is? Bad SD card? Bad zwave usb stick? Seems to be more than the usb stick… Fairly certain i ran an update on Feb 18th from the web gui.

here are some screenshots:

Log Files:

Source: components/recorder/util.py:332
Integration: Recorder (documentation, issues)
First occurred: February 18, 2024 at 9:37:24 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: February 18, 2024 at 9:37:24 PM

The system could not validate that the sqlite3 database at //config/home-assistant_v2.db was shutdown cleanly

Seems your database is broken. You could try deleting it (you will lose all historic data), it will be recreated automatically. You could also try restoring it from backup.

It could be due to a faulty SD-card. I recommend moving away from SD-card based storage.

if i delete the database, do i lose all the device configs and automations?

No they should be intact. Automations are stored in automations.yaml for example.

looks like the sd card is failing… it’s had a good run. like 7-8 years.

I would not expect a corrupt database to stop execution (though it might). The log also states the zwave integration failed. So my guess would be sd card fail, but I see you came to a similar conclusion. Time to buy a ssd?

7-8 years is a long time, you’ve been lucky :slight_smile: Go for SSD.

Probably… I’m hoping it to move everything from pi’s to a new cosmos instance i’ve setup on a precision 5820 with 14tb of storage… Just trying to figure out how the zwave usb will pass through, i’m not very experienced with docker.

Well, unless it already is a server you have running 24/7, expect your power consumption to go up a tad :wink:

I don’t trust consumer ssd’s much either. moving to enterprise sas drives rated for 2.5 million hours MTBF rating.

sd cards use almost same technolog as ssd for storage, just different form factors and more cache for ssd’s. :man_shrugging:

Same technology, true, but the controller is way different. So the technology is utilized differently to increase longlevity.

I know what I would choose to host my HA (running mine on enterprise SSDs at the moment) :wink:

yeah. it’s a 950w power supply, maybe an extra $20/mo… if it runs at 50%, more likely it’ll average around 10-15% on average. it’s replacing 4 other devices.

sure… so am i. dell enterprise ssd’s on an LSI 9440-16i… wanted to go NVME but that way too $$$$

This is from my 740xd running around 10 virtual machines.

If someone else has this issue, i simply dumped an image of my current sd card to another sd card the same size… it booted up just fine and everything started working again.

@fleskefjes is correct, sd cards can be fickle… if your HA isn’t mission critical just have a good backup of the sd card.

2 Likes