HASSIO, MQTT and SONOFF T1

Hi Guys, I’m currently setting up a new Raspberry Pi with Hass.io and I’m trying to get a Sonoff T1 (3 switch) device to interact with Hass.io.
What I’ve done so far:

1. Flashed the Sonoff with Tasmota firmware
  2. Setup MQTT on Hass.io
  3. Successfully have a Single Switch Sonoff T1 working via MQTT (proving that MQTT is working fine between the Sonoff and Hass.io)

The difference I’ve noticed with the 3 switch sonoff is that you can’t set individual topics for each switch…the sonoff outputs the switches as: topic/topic/POWER1, topic/topic/POWER2 or topic/topic/POWER3. This is great and I can see the differentiation when I monitor the MQTT traffic on Hass.io (when toggling the switches from the Tasmota web interface).

I’ve added the following to my configuration.yaml file to control the switches from HA:
switch:

• platform: mqtt
    name: “Foyer Light”
    command_topic: “hal1/1/cmnd/POWER”
    state_topic: “hal1/1/POWER1”
    qos: 1
    payload_on: “ON”
    payload_off: “OFF”
    retain: true
    name: “Entrance Light”
    state_topic: “hal1/1/POWER2”
    name: “Water Feature”
    state_topic: “hal1/1/POWER3”

You can see that the “state_topic” is different for each instance however when I toggle the switches from within HA, it only ever sends “hal1/1/POWER1”, no matter which of the three switches I click.

Any ideas on what HA could be doing to only send the POWER1 state, and neither of the other two?

All your command topics are the same… they need to be power1, power2 and power3…

Awesome, that worked. Can’t believe I missed it.

1 Like