Hassio no longer see’s Conbee2 after supervisor upgrade

Hassio no longer see’s Conbee2 after supervisor upgrade, I am using zha integration not deconz. The line entry under hardware no longer shows either?

Copy to clipboard

Mon Feb 10 2020 19:41:29 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
Error setting up entry /dev/serial/by-id/usb-dresden_elektronik_ingenieurtechnik_GmbH_ConBee_II_DE2122921-if00 for zha
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/serial/serialposix.py", line 244, in open
    self.fd = os.open(self.portstr, os.O_RDWR | os.O_NOCTTY | os.O_NONBLOCK)
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/dev/serial/by-id/usb-dresden_elektronik_ingenieurtechnik_GmbH_ConBee_II_DE2122921-if00'

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py", line 215, in async_setup
    hass, self
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/__init__.py", line 103, in async_setup_entry
    await zha_gateway.async_initialize()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/core/gateway.py", line 125, in async_initialize
    await radio.connect(usb_path, baudrate)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/zigpy_deconz/api.py", line 198, in connect
    self._uart = await uart.connect(device, DECONZ_BAUDRATE, self)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/zigpy_deconz/uart.py", line 120, in connect
    xonxoff=False,
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/coroutines.py", line 120, in coro
    res = func(*args, **kw)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/serial_asyncio/__init__.py", line 410, in create_serial_connection
    ser = serial.serial_for_url(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/serial/__init__.py", line 88, in serial_for_url
    instance.open()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/serial/serialposix.py", line 247, in open
    raise SerialException(msg.errno, "could not open port {}: {}".format(self._port, msg))
serial.serialutil.SerialException: [Errno 2] could not open port /dev/serial/by-id/usb-dresden_elektronik_ingenieurtechnik_GmbH_ConBee_II_DE2122921-if00: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/dev/serial/by-id/usb-dresden_elektronik_ingenieurtechnik_GmbH_ConBee_II_DE2122921-if00'

Are you sure it’s a Conbee ll
You system is showing a Raspbee.

/dev/ttyAMA0

If it was a Conbee ll
It should be showing

/dev/ttyACM0

100% it is a conbee2
The original device path that showed under hardware is the second line of the log output.
I tested and the ama0 still shows up regardless if the conbee is inserted or not and does not work as the device when setting up a new zha integration.
I also confirmed the conbee2 does still work, windows recognizes and can communicate with it when inserted in my desktop.

Been using hassio for about 2 weeks on a unriad 6.8.2 machine. Running a VM with passthrough of the USB device. Today when I upgraded both the OS and the supervisor Conbee2 no longer works. Its still shown in Unraid as pass through but hassio only sees the following ports:

• dev/ttyS3
• /dev/ttyS0
• /dev/ttyS2
• /dev/ttyS1

And Unraid shows:

• Bus 001 Device 053: ID 1cf1:0030 Dresden Elektronik ConBee II

That sounds identical to what I have as well, I’m not sure what changed in that update but as a test tonight I’m thinking to re install a new instance of home assistant and see if it recognizes the device, otherwise I am stuck

1 Like

Issue added, https://github.com/home-assistant/supervisor/issues/150

Sorry Stefanh
What is the link that you added?
“Changed flow to a higher level” is all I see

somehow after a dozen reboots yesterday after unplugging the pi and removing the conbee

today I powered it up and the conbee is detected again!!!

https://github.com/home-assistant/supervisor/issues/1503 is the correct link :slight_smile:

just downgraded to 0.105.2 instead of latest 0.105.3 and now it works again

How did you downgrade? That would be helpful for the future
I am wondering if there was some type of automatic update installed during boot yesterday when I booted, I think it was the hass OS that broke mine not the home assistant software.

I enabled ssh, logged in as root / no pw. In ssh I typed something like

hassio ha downgrade --version=0.105.2

Don’t have the exact command since the first couple of commands did not work