Hassio official android app - can't enable push notifications

Added default_config:, even though I already had mobile_app:, restarted, removed default_config:, restarted again and it worked

Hi, am a little confused. I too don’t see the ability to add push notification in the mobile app.
I have the integration added in Hassio, and can see location, but no ability to notify etc.
I have default_config: in the config yaml, but nothing else.

Am I missing something?
thx

When you go to the sidebar Developer Tools -> Services is there a service called notify.mobile_app.....?

1 Like

I just did a host reboot and it’s suddenly appeared. Apologies for wasting anyone’s time. It wasn’t there previously.

The three things I get now are:
full geolocation
battery
zone info (i.e. am sat in a custom zone and it tells me am in gym for instance).

I noticed that for the IOS component there’s significantly more information in terms of wifi connection, strength, and all manner of other sensory components. Is this normal? Or should the android app be spewing out this also? Sorry for the questions!

The Android app is not on the same level as the IOS app, however they are working to make the two “even”. However the WiFi connection is shown as well on my system, it just shows to which WiFi the phone is connected to.

1 Like

Thanks for the response. No SSID here- checked all the variants, nothing re my phone. I’m on a one plus 7 pro, but then am also not at home so possibly the phone isn’t able to convey to the system what I am attached too (not on nabu casa yet). At the moment, my android principle location tracker is life360. Are you using the android app for yours when you’re out and about?

For me it shows “” when I’m not connected to any WiFi and I’m not using Nabu Casa on this instance. I use the android apps location for device tracking.

1 Like

Do you not have a Wifi connection sensor also? If you don’t check your logs and see if you find any errors. You should have this sensor, just scroll down to the android list. Notice how it shows the link speed and signal level as an attribute?

1 Like

Thanks for this. I just found it… it was hiding under a completely different naming scheme i.e.

• entity: sensor.gm1913_geocoded_location
  • entity: device_tracker.gm1913
  • entity: sensor.gm1913_battery_level
  • entity: sensor.one_plus_7_pro_wifi_connection