Hassio on Linux Server Help

I’m testing out moving my HA instance to an existing Linux server running in my place. I’ve got it all up and running with help form these instructions https://github.com/mjoshd/Hass.io_on_Ubuntu_Server_18.04

but I’ve run into my first problem. I installed the Samba addon to this new Hass instance so that I could transfer my existing snapshot, and see how everything works out. But enabling the Samba addon hides my existing Samba shares on this Linux server (which I’m using to share music with my Sonos and other media through Plex).

Is there a way to get both Samba shares working simultaneously?

edit:
ok, stop and restarting samba service in hassio made the existing shares reappear, but the hassio share disappear. Although I can still access it by using the ip address instead of the hostname. (I couldn’t do that with the media shares previously to the restart).

edit2:
ok, well tossing the snapshot from my rPi Hassio instance on the new Hassio instance on the server wrecked it. The docker container won’t load now. I removed the containers and images, and attempted to reinstall them. But it seems that the configuration from the snap shot is hiding alive and well on the server, so Hassio just wants to reload that. So how do I properly go about killing and reinstalling Hassio? I can ssh into the server.

This doesn’t make sense. Why would you enable a samba add-on when you’re already running samba? You can only run one instance of samba at a time…

Instead of a snapshot, which has tons of stuff related to raspberry pi specific docker images…just copy over your config directory

right, i didn’t know where to point a samba share. got that figured out.
kinda the problem with the disambiguation of Hassio and only being somewhat intelligent. I figured the addon would configure an additional share, or that samba to docker was some different beast altogether.

the install directions I linked suggest to reload a snapshot. i know enough about linux to follow along with the directions (reading the bash script and whatnot). the instructions went so swimmingly until that point so I just assumed I wasn’t being led astray.

good point about just moving over config files.
and even though you didn’t actually answer my question, i believe i have it figured out. deleted the /usr/share/hassio directory and therefore the bad snapshot stuff, removed the docker containers, and started again.

New question time,

What’s the process for whitelisting directories outside of the Hass Docker environment?
I tried to whitelist_external_dirs but either didn’t have the right syntax or I’m missing a step.

I did a search and the results I can find for using the command are using it to include directories within hass directory.

HASS can’t see directories outside of the Docker environment. If you need to add directories, you need to add a bind mount to your Docker run, and map it to a directory INSIDE the container. Otherwise, you just use the config directory