Hassio on Mac mini Virtualbox frequent crash and restart

Hello Home Assistant Community!

I am new to Home Assistant but have had a home automation system running for about 6 years. I came from Indigodomo running on a Mac mini which was very stable and worked well, but I wanted to see what else was out there. After a quick try and return of Hubitat, I came to Home Assistant and I have really enjoyed it so far.

My main issue is that I can’t get HA to remain running for any length of time. Either the host system or the VirtualBox dies. I’ve never had it running for a continual 24 hours. It usual dies within about 12 hours.

My Setup:
arch x86_64
chassis vm
dev false
docker true
docker_version 19.03.11
hassio true
host_os HassOS 4.12
installation_type Home Assistant OS
os_name Linux
os_version 5.4.56
python_version 3.8.3
supervisor 234
timezone America/New_York
version 0.113.3
virtualenv false

Host: Mac mini
1.4 GHz core i5
4 gig Ram

VM:
1 gig memory
2 processors

Running about 15 devices which are primarily ZWave
GoControl HUSBZB-1 UBS stick

ISSUE:
Typically, The Mac mini reboots and says MacOS was “restarted because of a problem”
This never occurred when running Indigo and the Mac mini was always very stable.

Does anyone have any suggestions or experience with running the Hassio docker image on a Mac that may have run in to similar issues? I’d be happy to share more log info if that would help.

Thanks for helping out a new recruit to Home Assistant.

Jon

Discovery on my own-

I found that after disabling the UPnP add-on (which was for my Google Wifi) and also disabling Bluetooth on the host machine, HA was stable.

just use the nuc image. runs out of the box. but no wifi or bluetooth.