Hassio share directory access

does /share actually exist INSIDE the home assistant container?

1 Like

Same error with '/share'

I am able to do the following, so pretty certain share is accessible, and this is a config or permissions
problem:

- platform: command_line
    name: new_image
    command: "ls /share/motion -Art | tail -n -3 | grep 'capture.jpg'"

Did you reboot or just restart hassio?

The error says - Invalid Config. I don’t think it is even checking for whether the folder exists or not. I’d double check the indentation and spacing issues. Yaml can be a PITA.

I got an invalid config regardless… I rebooted and it worked with my config given above. Why? I don`t know :slight_smile:

Ok, after rebooting the host ‘/share’ does work. Will create an issue on Github

1 Like

I tried to include the www directory in the whitelist (my first attempt at a whitelist entry) but it caused HA to not boot. I was doing this to try and fix my issue with getting the HTML5 component set up. Any idea what my issue could be? there was nothing in the log as to why it didnt load after a power cycly. I had to # out the lines via SSH and power cycle again to get back online.

config.yaml

homeassistant:
  # Name of the location where Home Assistant is running
  name: Home
  # Location required to calculate the time the sun rises and sets
  latitude: -xx.8860
  longitude: 1xx.9230
  # Impacts weather/sunrise data (altitude above sea level in meters)
  elevation: 16
  # metric for Metric, imperial for Imperial
  unit_system: metric
  # Pick yours from here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tz_database_time_zones
  time_zone: Australia/Perth
  # Customization file
  customize: !include customize.yaml
  #package setup
  packages: !include_dir_named packages

whitelist_external_dirs:
    - /'www'

You need

whitelist_external_dirs:
    - /www

cheers! I’ll give it a try

so as per your previous post regarding the need to power cycle, would that be why…

…fails the config check??

There is a fix for an issue that resolves this, should be merged soon

cool. but a power cycle should work without crashing it? (I will be getting my girlfriend to power cycle since I’m away and therefore cant sort it out locally if it fails!)

Sorry I don’t understand what you hope to achieve by a power cycle?

Oh yes, hopefully we can get to the bottom of this

well, I tried the above code (without the ’ ') but it failed with the same error… causing HassIO to not load :tired_face:

Hi @sparkydave the fix is in 0.63.3 I believe, and this is not released yet. I’m also waiting on it to fix my Hassio instance :slight_smile:

I just ran the upgrade to 0.64.3 :grinning: so will try again…

are we thinking that with 0.64.3 I can add the below code to my config.yaml and simply do a homeassistant restart via SSH to get it included? I’m still not sure why that code is failing to load. It hangs my HassIO instance.

homeassistant:
  whitelist_external_dirs:
    - /www

I’ve since learned that www doesn’t need to be whitelisted, remove and restart please