[hassio.supervisor] Supervisor does not run in Privileged mode

In my Hassio log I found this text:

ERROR (MainThread) [hassio.supervisor] Supervisor does not run in Privileged mode. Hassio runs with limited functionality!

What this mean?

5 Likes

Same happened to me.
I don’t know if it’s related but now i cant start my deconz addon because it doesn’t find the conbee II anymore

Same thing, and I think it’s related to my inability to update add-ons because I also see “19-10-09 00:57:06 WARNING (MainThread) [hassio.dns] Can’t write local resolv: [Errno 13] Permission denied: ‘/etc/resolv.conf’”

I’m currently at 0.96.4 of HomeAssistant

Same thing here, no solution?

same here, 0.100.1

I just started getting this today after upgrading from .99 to .100.2

I was on HassOS 2.8. I updated to HassOS 2.12 but it made no difference.

1 Like

Same for me I am on 102

Same here.

Hass.io supervisor

|Version|189|
|Latest version|189|

Host system

|Hostname|hassio|
|System|HassOS 2.10|
|Deployment|production|

System log

starting version 3.2.8
19-10-17 18:27:58 INFO (MainThread) [main] Initialize Hass.io setup
19-10-17 18:27:59 INFO (SyncWorker_0) [hassio.docker.supervisor] Attach to Supervisor homeassistant/armhf-hassio-supervisor with version 189
19-10-17 18:27:59 ERROR (MainThread) [hassio.supervisor] Supervisor does not run in Privileged mode. Hassio runs with limited functionality!

Getting this also. 102

Not so much a solution as a workaround, but saving the config directory on my PC, installing hassio from scratch, and then copying the config directory to the new install worked without issue and I have been able to move on.

Has anyone reported this as an issue? I have the same problem.

I’ve just run into the same issue and had a quick look on github and can’t see any issues logged. Did you get yours sorted?

Nope, happened last night again.

Did someone find a solution?
I think it gives DNS issues as well.

I’m seeing this same error, although not currently causing me any issues.

Has anyone tried changing the supervisor docker container to run with --privileged?

Seems like running supervisor docker with --privileged is solving this issue.

The change has been applied to https://raw.githubusercontent.com/home-assistant/hassio-installer/master/hassio_install.sh also. You can see --privileged inside.

Rerunning this script should solve this issue.

how does the script restart?

explanation for fools please

Is this something I can do with Hassio? Where?

This appears to be stopping me from upgrading.

I’m having the same issue:

ERROR (MainThread) [hassio.supervisor] Supervisor does not run in Privileged mode. Hassio runs with limited functionality!

WARNING (MainThread) [hassio.dns] Can't write local resolv: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/etc/resolv.conf'

WARNING (MainThread) [hassio.dns] Ignore invalid DNS Server: dns://2a02:1205:5008:afe0:asd3:f7ff:faca:c1c7

I’m running HassOS3.7. As far as i understood this supervisor should be running in a docker container right? But when i connect to hassio over ssh i can’t seem to find any docker installation. Where should this be located?

did we find a resolution to this? it happening to me now :frowning: 103.0