Hassio update

I don’t know if this is a complaint, appeal for help, or a bug report. Uniformly, each version of hassio has multiple updates. Almost every other day. So I run update often. For a while now, at least two months but likely longer, it fails. I lose access to the web interface and have to SSH in and reboot. Sometimes it moves forward to the revision, sometimes not. My automations are not function in the time between the upgrade request and SSH reboot. This doesn’t seem right. What causes upgrade to go so badly so often? I am stuck in the loop right now. Is it trying to upgrade and if I let it ride it will sort it out? Can it not DL the files?

Check the logs via ssh before restarting.

You didn’t say which logs, CORE or SUPERVISOR?

my last update by ssh reported unknown error, see logs.(again not specified)

Core starting with error first, then supervisor (which repeated).

2020-03-05 08:42:51 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config_entries] Error setting up entry ecobee for ecobee
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pyecobee/__init__.py", line 513, in _request
    response.raise_for_status()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/requests/models.py", line 940, in raise_for_status
    raise HTTPError(http_error_msg, response=self)
requests.exceptions.HTTPError: 400 Client Error: Bad Request for url: https://api.ecobee.com/token?grant_type=refresh_token&refresh_token=90A3Knrp9rXxPsYTofhyIkXf6YMuIR1s&client_id=sA1R9zVVDqVA6WUO8oeRFcIkbDyiEiFD
During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py", line 215, in async_setup
    hass, self
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/ecobee/__init__.py", line 58, in async_setup_entry
    if not await data.refresh():
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/ecobee/__init__.py", line 105, in refresh
    if await self._hass.async_add_executor_job(self.ecobee.refresh_tokens):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pyecobee/__init__.py", line 148, in refresh_tokens
    auth_request=True,
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pyecobee/__init__.py", line 522, in _request
    "ecobee tokens invalid; re-authentication required"
pyecobee.errors.InvalidTokenError: ecobee tokens invalid; re-authentication required
2020-03-05 08:42:53 ERROR (SyncWorker_19) [homeassistant.components.octoprint] Endpoint: printer Failed to update OctoPrint status. Error: 409 Client Error: CONFLICT for url: http://192.168.1.197:80/api/printer
2020-03-05 08:43:01 ERROR (SyncWorker_13) [homeassistant.components.linksys_smart.device_tracker] Router returned unexpected response
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/linksys_smart/device_tracker.py", line 67, in _update_info
    devices = result["output"]["devices"]
KeyError: 'output'
/config/custom_components/auto_backup/__init__.py:101: RuntimeWarning: coroutine '_api_bool.<locals>._wrapper' was never awaited
  if not hassio.is_connected():
RuntimeWarning: Enable tracemalloc to get the object allocation traceback
20-03-05 14:19:26 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.api.proxy] Home Assistant WebSocket API request initialize
20-03-05 14:19:26 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.api.proxy] WebSocket access from a0d7b954_nodered
20-03-05 14:19:26 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.api.proxy] Client error on WebSocket API Cannot connect to host XXX.XXX.X.XX:8123 ssl:False [Connection refused].
20-03-05 14:19:30 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.api.security] /supervisor/logs access from core_ssh`Preformatted text`

Both. Hence ‘logs’.

Looks like you could have an issue with ecobee. Try disabling that.

Just a question, but why would the echobee cause a failure to update? Also noted there seems to be something going on with node red. I just don’t know why not being able to connect to addons should fail update?

Dunno. Were there any related breaking changes listed in the release post of the first update when this started happening?

How did you install home assistant? Is this relevant?

In my case… i used portainer just now. Clicked on hassio_supervisor container. Chose Duplicate/edit and recreated with latest image. restarted all containers and i think im up and going again

think i lost hacs though

Im running Hassio on RPi. It won’t even come back up after ha core reboot.

Another problem. I disabled the auto update, but it ON after a reboot. Then wahts the point to disable it? What more settings are erased after a reboot?

I have no crashes with the past 6 months updates. Maybe 2 little bugs but I don’t use any HACS and very little yaml that might be the reason.