Hassio visible in network but web gui not accessible

Oops. Shutdown ha core and restarted the server. journalctl is now producing what I’d expect. Sorry,

What I’ve found is that I can have multiple clients on the same LAN where one can see and serve HA pages fine whilst another will get the “System available” place holder page. Going into the Chrome “developer tools” console and drilling down, the issue seems to be that client-side cached HA JS scripts get into a latching state whereby once a manifest or other request has timed out, the page render JS code always times out, instead of retrying. Hence one browser gets the “system unavailable” whilst another browser on another PC can see the system fine.

This seems to happen mainly on my chromebook which never truly exists the chrome browser. A work around is to reboot my chromebook and on reboot, the site appears fine.

BTW, this isn’t a DNS caching issue. I’ve checked and the DNS entry is fine.

The access to HA became very flaky lately.
Wiped/flashed my SD card and restored a backup.
After the restore, the onboarding page was not reachable.
I was able to regain access to the UI with https://homeassistant.local:8123/ : note the secure connection with httpS (Chrome gave me a warning but I proceeded anyway)

I need to fix my database : logs show multiple errors such as

Error saving events: (sqlite3.DatabaseError) database disk image is malformed [SQL: INSERT INTO events (event_type, event_data, origin, time_fired, created, context_id, context_user_id, context_parent_id) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)] [parameters: ('state_changed', '{}', 'LOCAL', '2021-02-06 15:02:12.042440', '2021-02-06 15:02:12.042440', '4e393462f68474a31f9f54dba4c18fc6', None, None)] (Background on this error at: http://sqlalche.me/e/13/4xp6)

This might be the reason for my unstable HA…

2 Likes

Delete the homeassistant_v2.db file and restart HA. You’ll start with a fresh one.

I typically delete that file after a restore.

And it sounds like you restored a duckdns configuration, where you would have to use https://

1 Like

HI,
I lost 2 weeks on this Problem ,tried everything, new install, new sd, differtent RPI, almost threw everything out the window and started doubting HA.
Thanks for the post, after deleting homeassistant_v2.db in the config folder, everything worked fine again. I still don’t understand the link with this problem if i hadn’t find this post, i would have become crazy

Hi. Hope that someone is looking.
I have configuration with RPi 4B with SSD. Original RPi power supply and recommended RPI installation. System was working stable for over a year. After August upgrade, I have problems that from time to time system becomes inaccessible. Only thing I can ping IP. No SSH, no Samba, no http… After power on/ off it is back up again. Issue is that installation is on 300 km from me and I can’t do it every time it happen. It is static IP
Any tip on this?

Try restore a previous backup to see if the culprit is an integration or a particular setup you’ve done lately.
Good luck.

Thanks. I have stable configuration so I think that some addon is bringing problems In combination with core version.
But first I have to travel 300 km on site to do it :see_no_evil:.
And then I will try to look into logs what may be the problem. And then I will power RPi trough PoE port from switch so I can restart it from remote location.

Any sugestion from which log should I start?

You should plug your RPi on a smart plug that you can turn on/off remotely in case HA becomes irresponsive so that you don’t remain stuck 300km away :wink:

I have that! ZWave switch controlled by HomeAssistant :rofl::rofl::rofl:

:laughing:
Time to install a goold old wifi smart plug that you can control over the cloud remotely from its dedicated app.

Just chiming in here that I’m seeing this same issue over the last 3 days. Daily crashes. IP/Nabu link shows:

500 Internal Server Error
Server got itself in trouble 

When I use nmap on my HASS IP it shows:

Host is up (0.0046s latency).
Not shown: 995 closed ports
PORT      STATE    SERVICE
22/tcp    filtered ssh
1935/tcp  filtered rtmp
5000/tcp  filtered upnp
5050/tcp  filtered mmcc
49152/tcp open     unknown

Trying to ssh into my HA shows:

ssh: connect to host HASS_IP port 22: Network is unreachable

Everything is up to date and I try to check logs daily and nothing has stood out to me as strange or problematic. I also haven’t changed anything or done any intensive work on it.

Given all the above commenters, I’m not really expecting a solution. Just chiming in and subscribing to the thread.

Merhaba. Bütün Anlattığınız problemlerin aynısını benimde başıma geldi
SD Kart değiştirin. Yeni mikro SD kart aldım. Kaliteli olandan.
yeniden kurdum ve yedeğimi geri yükledim. sorun çözüldü.

Same problems here. I’ve had a very stable set up for 12 months and it is now suddenly not working, can’t ping the IP address etc.

Same problem here today. The web gui gives me errors like site cant be reached or connection refused but i can see the device active on my router page. I can also ping the reserved IP with no issues. Almost thinking of starting off with a fresh install to see if that fixes anything