HassioOS + Frigate + Coral USB+ CumulusMX easiest way to do it?

Hi all.
I have a Windows NUC running:

• Home Assitant os in Oracle VM
  • Cumulus MX under windows windows

I bought a Coral TPU for using it with frigate but USB VM passthrough is unreailable and after some times TPU detection stuck
I read that Coral TPU should run on bare-metal Linux.
Considering I am a total noob on Linux can you suggest to me the best way to setup my machine considering that I need cumuls mx software ( available both for windows and linux) and I would like the easiest solution?

At this time the easier path for me seems to run Hassios directly on NUC and using an old Raspeberry pie first gen for runninc Cumulu MX.
Any hint?

Thank you
Andrea

+
MQTT integration

or fetch the data from your own webserver

Thank you for coming on this old topic :slight_smile:
The problem with the weather station I own, a very old one, is that it has to rely on extra hardware to run a web server. It could be a Raspberry for example but it can’t push data by itself because it hasn’t an integrated web server.

Actually my situation is ::
weather station – receiver—usb —nuc—cumulus that act as web server–mqtt–home assistant

When I wrote this message I was running HA on a Windows machine under OracleVM, but I had a lot of problem with the inconsistency of USB passthrough both the water station USB receiver and also with Coral USB. maybe stupidly I switched to a supervised installation that is been running smoothly for more than a year but now I know it requires a lot of knowledge and time that I don’t have to be correctly updated.

I found a cheap weather station for about 100 euros that rely on Ecowitt system supported as integration on home assistant. .
A weather station is central in my setup for closing windows, and curtains and regulating irrigation cycles so spending 100 euros on a more versatile model isn’t a total mistake.
In this way, I can simply go with the Homeassitant os because other HA and cumulus I don’t use the nuc for anything else …for now :slight_smile:

Thank you again for spending so much time trying to help me, you have been o great help!

1 Like

Yeah i noticed you had been running HA in VM, i have currently my HA in VMware player16, had a Supervised first but as you too much hassle, but i get more and more annoyed now but Microsofts constant “force” updates/restarts(even thou i have to restart HA ones a month, or so) but one can postpone HA restarts :slight_smile:
So recently i’ve been thinking of HA in VMware player16 on Linux, as i prefer VMware, and also heard/seen many others having usb, passthrough etc issues with “Oracle VM VirtualBox”, which many seems to confusingly mix up with VMware :wink:

Anyways seems like a better solution, buying another weather-station, skip HA-Supervised AND don’t use Oracle VirtualBox