HassOS 1.11 significantly quicker

I also, after reading this thread, upgraded early this morning to v1.11. CPU utilization has dropped from an average of 35% to 20%. (PI3b+)

1 Like

That’s nice! Is it ok to do system -> Update HassOS or should I do clean install? Think I’m on 1.07 or something…

Should be fine to update. I have done that before with no issues.

Might be time to bite the bullet and update from ResinOS.

I moved over by doing a snapshot and restoring. Easy peasy.

2 Likes

It wasn’t entirely painless but I got there in the end. Biggest problem was that I initially used the 64 bit image that does not support the pi’s GPIO. Re-imaged with the 32 bit version, enabled SAMBA and restored from snapshot. All I had to do then was delete my database and all was well.

Loading history graphs seems to be quite a bit slower in the (Beta) iOS app, even with little history to display. Otherwise everything seems about the same or maybe a little faster.

Ahhh yeah. I went to 32bit after reading of others issues and compatibility with 64bit. Sounds like I dodged a bullet there.

I just switched to HassOS tonight. Boot time takes over 5min now but I agree the front end is very smooth and responsive. Could it be preloading into memory at boot which takes longer but improves performance?

The speed increase is due to the following

before 1.11 HassOS was in “powersafe” mode so the CPU was throttled back. Booting Home assistant for me is significantly quicker under 2 mins . HassOS from cold boot is also quicker .As I said at the beginning of the post, back to ResinOS speeds.

Hi, i had the same issue.
Have replaced my sd for 12 times and got sick of it. I was ready to stop with my pi.
Then i read the pi is very sensitive about the powersupply.
I bought a 3 amp stable powersupply and a surgeprotector.

Since then , now for 4 months i have no problems anymore.
Hope it helps you as wel.

How are your observations with HassOS 1.12?
Just recognized that the average idle CPU load went up from 7 % to 16 % with 1.12 coming from 21 % in 1.10. (RPi 3B)

Besides that I did not observe any difference in performance during general usage.

Is there a way to get notifications of available (stable) HassOS updates?

I have an alert for Home Assistant but cant find a way for HassOS.

I’m taking about the undelying OS not HA. This:

Not this:

Also updating to 1.12 killed the logger/recorder. A restart of HA fixed it.

sensor:
  - platform: version
    name: Hass Available to Install Version
    beta: true
    image: qemux86-64
    source: hassio

It’s the new version platform in 0.82.x

1 Like

For the 32 bit version?

image: qemux86-32

image: qemux86

actually if it’s a Pi then I think raspberrypi3

check here: https://www.home-assistant.io/components/sensor.version/

1 Like

Do you display hassos and supervisor in Lovelace?
If so, how?

I mean, I know how I could do it using intermediate steps, I just want to make sure I haven’t missed something in Lovelace that allows you to display attributes.

I don’t use HassOS so I don’t display that but I do display supervisor. I just use a value template.