HASSOS in Hyper-V - Is it possible to install USB Rediector or something similar for USB support?

For those of you wanting to use the NetBurner at another baudrate; it is possible to change the baudrate by changing the registry at

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ELTIMA Software\SEC\Config]
<settings>38400,N,8,1</settings>

(after which you need to restart the eltima service

Can anyone help me with the config for this - got HASSOS in hyperv and netburner on the host machine with skyconnect plugged in. I’ve opened the firewall ports but can’t get a connect in the ZHA config. It could very well be that i have it all wrong so though i would ask for a pointer. Screengrabs below - i have created in and outbound firewall rules. 192.168.1.164 is the IP of the W11 machine which is running netburner (and on which HA is running in hyperv)

Can you test with Telnet if Netburner is working correct ?
Telnet 192.168.1.164 5001
(if the screen clears, it means the port is open and listening)

Anything in the logs of ZHA?

FYI, I used to use this with Zigbee2MQTT, but according the docs, it should also work with ZHA

Hmm no - but as you can see i also cannot ping the host machine from another PC on the network so something is up there. The second screengrab is the IPconfig of the machine with netburner on; clearly i need to look into that first. Will do that and report back.

Ok, temporarily i can now ping the host (firewall issue, works when turned off). No response on telnet though - is that my Netburner config that will be causing that? I tried it on the host machine (pinging itself, then the telnet) - ping was fine, same error for telnet.

At least it should not give that error, it will look something like this:
(from a previous post)

Did you check if the ‘Eltima’ service is running on W11?

I don’t have Eltima - maybe i have misunderstood how it works? I though Netburner (or HW-VSP3) would take the input from the skyconnect and transmit it over the network in a format (TCP) that ZHA could then pick up. Have i got that wrong?

Netburner uses Eltima :wink: hence is the service called ‘eltima’ :grin:

Now where is that ‘embarrassed face’ emoji?!
I checked and it is there:

It’s easier to check under ‘Services’ :stuck_out_tongue:

Next is to check if the port is open and listening…
You can use TCPView for that :wink:

OK, i think we are there and listening? Blue highlight mine in case its not obvious!

Looks like it…
Still not able to connect with telnet ?

Nope - same story! Do we think that, in theory, it should work then?
Edit - firewall is off on the host to try and eliminate blocks there.
Edit 2 - could there be a router level ‘thing’ blocking the port?

ah…you’re command is wrong…
it is 192.168.1.164 5001
(no : )

Ok, more embarrassed emojis :joy: - telnet confirmed, i got the blinking cursor.

Well, that means on Netburner side everything is ok…

Back to HA…anything in ZHA logs?

I’ve never had ZHA installed, and can’t get it past this screen at the moment so it makes no logs that i can see? I looked through the HA logs and there was nothing obvious in there; am i looking in the right places though…

PS I salute your patience!

Don’t think I can offer much more help, never used ZHA
Maybe check-out Zigbee2mqtt?
At least you would know if it works :yum:

(PS, you’ll also need a mqtt-broker)

Z2M is the b-plan yes. Looks like that might be where it ends up. Really appreciate the help, at least I know I got some of it right!