HassOS installation/network problem on Intel NUC

The client PC is in the 192.168.x.x range

Interesting – where could I raise this point and request for inclusion of the appropriate drivers for the new Nucs?

Possibly the GitHub home assistant OS repo, however it may be classed as a feature request and you may be directed to that category of these forums.

Thanks, I’ll give that a shot.

excuse me but when u say supervised worked
what do u mean ?
did u install ubuntu and then HA on a docker ?
or HA directly on nuc ?

im trying to install HA as an OS on nuc, but cant get it to reconize the NIC

Yes I installed a Linux operating system that supported my NIC then installed Home Assistant OS using the Supervised installation method. See this guide:

as i thought
so basically theres no way to install HA as OS on my nuc11?

and which linux OS did u install
i tried debian buster countless times but ran into a lot of issues

Not if it does not have the required network driver.

Supervised is essentially the same thing, you just have to keep the system OS up to date yourself.

It’s like the container install method, but with the supervisor container to manage addons.

If you are comfortable with Docker, you could use the container install method. Instead of addons you manage the extra containers yourself.

I used Ubuntu server LTS. But that was a long time ago. I would not recommend it. Only Debian (not its derivatives) is officially supported. See the link I posted above.

yes looking at that link
i tried those versions and they all stop at installation because not finding the driver for the NIC

I am having exactly the same problem with a new NUC 11 i5.:
Installed 5.13 onto the internal SSD, and Hass OS appears to run, also complaining about hdaudio, but no network - WiFi or wired.
There also was a network when booting into Ubuntu.

(I don’t want to go supervised as I don’t use *nix otherwise, so it would add an unnecessary extra layer I’d have to manage.)

… trying the supervised method: tried to install Debian 10.9.0, and the installer says it can’t find the ethernet card…

I created a new issue in the Home Assistant OS repo as advised by @tom_l. Agners already made a commit to resolve the networking issue. The fix should be included in the next release.

Currently I’m running the dev build haos_generic-x86-64-6.0.dev20210419.img.xz from https://os-builds.home-assistant.io/ and I can confirm that this build connects to my network with no problems.

2 Likes

Thanks guys!

are you running this version on your intel nuc 11 ?

hassos_intel-nuc-6.0.dev20210226.img.xz](https://os-builds.home-assistant.io/hassos_intel-nuc-6.0.dev20210226.img.xz

having the same issue still, ended up working with a usb to ethernet card for now but obviously not an optimal solution

That build is an older one from 26 February and does not include the relevant commit.

Hi All,

I want to get me a NUC 11, is the issue resolved? The NIC (2.5GbE) is working now? I want to run HA generic. Thanks.

I suggest you install Proxmox VE (PVE) and then run HAOS in a VM. This is a more powerful combination and allows massive flexibility to your system.
Please check my guides if you wish how to install PVE and then HAOS. Tomorrow a new HAOS architecture guide is coming to give you a few ideas why installing HAOS in a PVE VM is the sound choice.

PVE Setup Guide,
PVE Architecture

HA PVE Setup Guide,
HA Config Guide

1 Like

Hi,
My problem is that when I disable the WiFi and Bluetooth in the BIOS configuration, HassOS doesn’t restart properly and loses the Ethernet connection. What could be the problem?

Can you provide screenshots of your BIOS pertaining to networking, USB and PCI.