Hassos Ubuntu VM not installing

Howdy :wink:

I had hassos set up and running. I’m just getting started and am still new to HA. The last setup got the .qcow2 filed deleted by accident. So the set up no longer worked. I redownloaded the image and ran the command

virt-install --name hass --description "Home Assistant OS" --os-variant=generic --ram=2048 --vcpus=2 --disk <PATH TO QCOW2 FILE>,bus=sata --graphics none --boot uefi

It seems to install then stops a a prompt for homeassistant login: I can’t access the website to continue with set up. I’ve tried all three address. The termianl stops here: then gives me the homeassistant login.

[    3.398080] EXT4-fs (zram1): mounted filesystem without journal. Opts: nobarrier. Quota mode: none.
[    3.412122] Adding 505696k swap on /dev/zram0.  Priority:-2 extents:1 across:505696k SS
[    3.434441] EXT4-fs (zram2): mounted filesystem without journal. Opts: nobarrier. Quota mode: none.
[    3.670049] EXT4-fs (sda7): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode. Opts: (null). Quota mode: none.

I have googled around and can’t seem to find an answer to this issue. Does the old setup have information hanging around I need to clear out? Am I not installing the VM OS correct? Any advice would be appreciated.

As I use virt-manager instead of virt-install, I can’t say I know what the problem may be, but if you get a login prompt, but can’t gain access via web browser, then you may be missing networking information during the install process. For example, if you have a kernel bridge named br0, then you may need to add the parameter --network network:br0

Thank you for the suggestion. I restarted the server and ran the install command again and it worked.