HASSOS VDI stopped working overnight

Hi HA community, Hope someone can assist here.

Had finally gotten everything setup and left running for a week or so now, Woke this morning to find the homeassistant server online but the webui, ssh, ftp would no longer accept a connection.

Pinging the IP showed that it was indeed online.

Rebooted the VM (Virtual Box VDI image) and now this pops up quickly

I am then greeted with this

I can spam enter and see the boot menu flashing in the background, if I hit 2 or 4 for system0 or shell it will progress, but on boot it shows the following

Its here that it stays, showing as online on my network, reachable via ping, but with now ssh or ftp access at all.

Not keen on rebuilding everything from scratch to have this happen again, looking to prevent this in the future as I’m just about to delete the vdi and start from scratch

Is the VM running on windows? Do I see that right?
Then it could be that windows did an update?
Also what kind of storage do you use? Because my first thought was that the storage is bad.

Yeah its this guide here I followed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnie-PJ87Eg

VM on windows 10, Virtual Box and the VDI image from here.

Was running fine until last night, shouldn’t have installed anything windows related as the PC itself is access restricted from the internet.

Thought it might be that and moved the VDI image in VirtualBox to another disk but still the same issues.

I hope you have a snapshot of your setup. And I really encourage you to move to Linux or a HA OS installation. Because windows 10 is not meant to be used as a server and has all sorts of things to make sure you have a bad experience with it if you do use it as a server.

1 Like

Managed to get to the CLI, Trying to get any more info

running ha core check gives me this error

No snapshot but I figured out how to rip the VDI image open and copy my configuration and customise files along with most what I was worried about losing

1 Like

Alright so things get weirder, fresh Windows 10 Pro install, fresh VDI image, followed the instructions to the letter and still getting the same problems on start now, also getting stuck at

“ Loading MS-DOS executable ‘/mnt/system/bzImage’"”

Wtf is going on, I’m happy to make a switch to Linux but don’t want to setup a new OS Only to have these issues still